San Jose, Calif.: February 1, 2010, 5:00 a.m. (PT)
Highlights / Key Facts:
Select Product Announcements from Q2 FY10:
- At its Collaboration Summit,Cisco introduced new products in Cisco TelePresence, unified communications, enterprise social-software, and hosted email technologies to facilitate fundamental changes to how organizations communicate and collaborate.
- At the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show, Cisco showcased its vision to enable consumers to live a connected life through its momentum in home networking and consumer video products, new partnerships with media and entertainment companies, and plans to drive a new class of consumer video communication experiences.
- The Cisco Eos Social Entertainment Platform expanded its footprint with new customers, features, professional service options and a new partner ecosystem.
Global Highlights from Q2 FY10:
- Cisco marked its 25th anniversary in December with a challenge to every Cisco employee to volunteer four hours of service in his or her local community to provide an equivalent of approximately 25 years worth of community service to the global community.
- Cisco celebrated two years of providing a global vision for sustainable, smart, and connected communities with its Globalisation Centre East in Bangalore, India.
- Cisco announced a restructuring of its Asia Pacific and Japan operations effective in February 2010 to support investments and growth plans with the creation of three theaters, including a new Greater China theater.
- Cisco expanded the Urban EcoMap program globally with the City of Amsterdam to create awareness among its residents of the impact of carbon emissions on their urban environment.
Select Global Customer Announcements from Q2 FY10, by Theater:
United States & Canada:
- Cisco and Molina Healthcare announced a telemedicine initiative designed to deliver better care to underserved and underinsured communities throughout the state of California with immersive doctor-patient interactions.
- Rochester Institute of Technology announced the use of Cisco Unified Wireless network and new VideoStream technology to bring educational services to 1,100 deaf and hearing-impaired students.
- Cisco and the City of San Francisco announced, during Mayor Gavin Newsom's visit to Bangalore, that they will collaborate on the exploration of a "Sustainable 21st Century San Francisco" project.
- Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas, the world's largest cruise ship, introduced an enhanced guest experience with Cisco mobility and digital media technology.
- TASER International enhanced its evidence capabilities for law enforcement agencies with an innovative, cloud-based service built on the Cisco Unified Computing System.
- Purdue University is deploying a Cisco Unified Wireless Network to enhance the collaborative learning experience for students.
- The Mandarin Oriental hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia announced it will provide highly secure high-speed wireless Internet access throughout its premises through an upgrade of its network infrastructure with Cisco's next-generation 802.11n, or Wireless-N, technology.
- Krung Thai Bank head offices deployed a Cisco video-based collaboration solution and plans to expand it to all of its branch offices across Thailand.
- The expanded Melbourne Airport International Terminal 2 took a major step forward in modernizing and digitizing its operations with the deployment of Cisco business video and mobility technology..
- Cisco and the Malaysian government's Multimedia Development Corporation announced a collaboration to develop training and certification programs in IP-based networking and technologies.
- A collaboration of public agencies in the state of Rio in Brazil launched the Baixada Digital program deploying Cisco wireless mesh solutions to offer free broadband connectivity to the population in certain cities in the region..
- Onet.pl Group in Poland chose the Cisco Nexus data center platform to increase market leadership with innovative video services.
- Safaricom became first service provider in Kenya to launch managed services based on Cisco solutions in order to add business value for customers.
- Neology and Cisco announced a collaboration to develop and deliver technology solutions for growing Smart+Connected Communities market opportunities in Mexico.
- With infrastructure based on Cisco technology, I-Synergo opened one of the largest IT Parks in Russia to serve as a business incubator supporting start-up companies and to help consolidate the region's IT potential.
- BT and Cisco launched a hosted IP telephony service representing the world's first global offering based on Cisco "cloud" based unified communications (UC) as the platform for collaborative voice communications.
- Swisscom selected the Cisco ASR 9000 to bring scale and total-cost-of-ownership benefits to Swisscom's nationwide fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) rollout in Switzerland.
- The public sector Conseil Régional de Basse-Normandie organization in France has deployed Cisco Unified Communications running over Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), to simplify its communications infrastructure, improve operational efficiency, and enhance its research and training initiatives.
- Cisco established the Global Climate Change Meeting Platform (GCCMP), a network of Cisco TelePresence and conferencing technologies that helped extend the reach of the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen (COP15).
Acquisitions and Investments:
- Cisco completed its purchase of ScanSafe, Inc., a market leader of software-as- a-service (SaaS) web security solutions for organizations ranging from global enterprises to small businesses.
- Cisco also completed the acquisition of Starent Networks, a leading supplier of IP-based mobile infrastructure solutions targeting mobile and converged carriers.
Significant Partner Announcements from Q1 FY10:
- Cisco, EMC and VMware announced the formation of a Virtual Computing Environment coalition to accelerate pervasive data center virtualization and private cloud infrastructure development.
- Cisco celebrated the one year anniversary of its $100 million investment in small business by announcing new partner presales technical support and hardware advanced-replacement services tailored to the small business market.
Complete Conference Call Details:
Date: February 3, 2010
Time: 1:30 p.m. (PT); 4:30 p.m. (ET)
To Listen via the Internet:
We are pleased to offer a live (and replay) audio broadcast of the conference call with corresponding slides at www.cisco.com/go/investors.
To Listen via Telephone: (Due to the limited number of lines available, we encourage you to dial-in approximately 30 minutes prior to the start of the call).
212-519-0847 (for International Callers)
RSVP: No RSVP is necessary
Replay: A telephone playback of the Q2 FY 2010 conference call is scheduled to be available beginning at 4:30 p.m. (PT) on February 3, 2010 through 4:30 p.m. (PT) on February 10, 2010. The replay will be accessible by calling 866-357-4205 (international callers: 203-369-0122). The call runs 24 hours per day, including weekends.
An archived version of the webcast will be available on the Cisco Systems Investor Relations website at www.cisco.com/go/investors.