• One of the most important global technology events is once again taking place in Mexico, on the Mayan Riviera.
August 16, 2012
• More than 2,500 attendees will gain insight and the inspiration to create exciting new possibilities in the way they live, work, learn and play.
Mexico City, 16 August, 2012 - Cisco today announced that its industry-leading IT and communications event, Cisco Live!™, is taking place on the Mexican Mayan Riviera from 6 to 8 November 2012 at the Moon Palace Hotel.
Cisco Live! is the most important meeting point for customers, IT experts, partners and technology specialists to access premier education and training in the latest products, trends, and market transitions as well as certification in Cisco technologies.
"We are so proud to have the chance to host Cisco Live! again," said Rogelio Velasco, general manager of Cisco Systems de Mexico. "During three days, we will be able to present Cisco's industry-leading technologies to our customers and partners in an environment that encourages the exchange of ideas. This will help them face IT-related challenges and discover what they can make possible in their careers and for their organizations."
Cisco Live! Mexico will offer the following tracks:
- Networkers program sessions, including training sessions in technology, business and products for network engineers.
- Technical seminars on data center and virtualization; routing and switching; "bring your own device"; the new protocol for the Internet IPv6; and unified communications and collaboration.
- IT management program sessions, with business and vertical market sessions as well as case studies that offer attendees strategies and tools for driving the business of IT.
- Executive symposium, an exclusive CxO-level event to discuss relevant IT- and business-related topics focused on how technology can drive business transformation.
This year, attendees will have again the chance to access the Hands-on Labs designed to help them learn about a technology and to apply that knowledge through solving problems in a controlled environment. The equipment in the Hands-on Labs to be deployed at Cisco Live! will be connected with labs in San Jose, California, giving participants access to the latest technology developed by Cisco and expert guidance.
The Hands-on Labs are in the following areas:
- CCIE: A four-hour session for attendees studying for the CCIE® certification both in Routing and in Data Center. Participants will receive direct counseling from the team in charge of the practical exam of the certification.
- Two Collaboration labs: One lab focuses on medianet (video applications, network design, physical security, videoconferencing and Cisco WebEx®). Another focuses on monitoring and solving network-performance problems related to voice, data and video.
- Data Center: This lab explores the configuration and deployment of Cisco Nexus® switches.
In addition, participants will get access to the World of Solutions, an attractive trade show area designed to welcome Cisco's ecosystem partners and enhance the solutions offered to the attendees, where more than 50 partners and technology providers will present their latest products. Cisco solutions will also be showcased.
Besides, attendees interested in presenting their certification exams during Cisco Live! will have access to a special discount of up to 75 percent.
Cisco Live! is held annually in just four locations worldwide: U.S., U.K., Australia and Mexico. Last year Cisco Live! Mexico gathered 2,500 professionals from Mexico and the rest of Latin America who attended 112 sessions; 250 engineers participated in certification exams, and 50 partners took part in the World of Solutions.
For further information about Cisco Live! Mexico, the industry's premier education and training event for IT professionals, please visit www.ciscolive.com.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.