SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 19, 2010 Cisco today announced a major revision to its popular Voice certifications and professional-level Security certification to align with evolving job roles, technologies and business requirements.
In today's increasingly borderless business environments, productivity and a sustainable competitive advantage are highly dependent on effective collaborative processes and tools. Companies are demanding the ability to allow people to interact anytime, anywhere and on any device, opening up limitless opportunities and challenges for companies to create new business models, strengthen customer relationships, accelerate decisions and increase innovation.
Collaborative experiences that harness high-quality voice and unified communications applications in a highly secure environment will be essential elements of this new business paradigm. Cisco® certifications that validate practical knowledge and skills for supporting these evolving business environments deliver value to both individuals and their employers.
Certification Updates Include:
- The professional-level Cisco CCNP® Voice certification, formerly CCVP, validates the advanced knowledge and skills required to integrate voice and Cisco Unified Communications solutions into underlying network architectures, as well as validating a robust set of skills for implementing, operating, configuring and troubleshooting a converged Internet Protocol network.
- The new CCNP Voice is a complete redesign of the current CCVP certification to align with Cisco's Collaboration 8.0 solutions. CCNP Voice moves beyond voice infrastructure and now includes skills related to integrating and troubleshooting voicemail and messaging applications such as Cisco Unity Connection and Cisco Unified Presence.
- CCNP Voice includes the new Integrating Cisco Unified Communications Applications (CAPPS) 8.0 course and corresponding 642-467 CAPPS exam. In addition, significant updates have been made to the four remaining courses and related exams.
- Cisco CCNA® Voice certification includes the new Introducing Cisco Voice and Unified Communications Administration (ICOMM) 8.0 course and corresponding 640-461 ICOMM exam. CCNA Voice validates associate-level knowledge and skills required to administer a voice network.
- The CCNP Security program, an enhancement of the existing Cisco CCSP® program, delivers the practical skills needed to enforce cybersecurity performance, maintain critical security service levels, manage essential security protocols and technologies, and meet evolving industry and government skills compliance mandates.
- The program consists of a new four-exam curriculum aligned to the specific job role and responsibilities of the network security engineer who is tasked with testing, deploying, configuring and troubleshooting the core technologies and devices that make up network security. Technologies covered include the industry-leading Cisco IOS® security features built into Cisco routers and switches, zone-based firewalls, high-availability virtual private networks, and intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- The speed at which network security is evolving requires greater specialization and advanced skills. According to a recent Cisco survey of the CCIE® community, security and risk management will be the networking skills in greatest demand by businesses over the next three to five years.
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager, Learning@Cisco, said:
- Mark Pugh, HP enterprise services contractor, Harris IT Services, said:
- Johnmar Mulder-Wolswijk, a CCNA instructor, voice and network engineer in the Netherlands, said:
"As the job roles of network professionals continue to evolve with changing business requirements, it is critical that we continuously update and refine our educational offerings to ensure Cisco certified individuals have the most comprehensive understanding of the latest technologies. Updates to our industry-leading security and voice certifications ensure we are providing the technical skills and depth of knowledge required for professionals to stand out in today's job market and enable a competitive advantage for their employers."
"The CCNP Security delivers relevant 'job ready' practical skills to implement performance-based secure network environments. The certification offers practical training and skills as tangible proof you have what is required of experienced, professional-level network security engineers in today's demanding security environment."
"This is a very exciting upgrade to Cisco's certification offerings, providing voice and unified communications professionals with the knoweldge and skills required to configure, operate and troubleshoot voice and unified communications deployments. Cisco's development focus enables it to remain the premier collaboration technology supplier in the market, offering the broadest portfolio of well-integrated solutions as an end-to-end Cisco suite."
- CCNP Voice and CCNA Voice exams and courses are available now.
- CCNP Security courses will be globally available Nov. 1, 2010, through Cisco Learning Partners.
- CCNP Security exams will be available Nov. 26, 2010, at Pearson testing centers worldwide.
- Find out more about the redesigned Security and Voice certification and training products today at: http://www.ciscolearningnetwork.com
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cisco-Career-Certifications/111552132193668
- Digg: http://www.digg.com/users/learningatcisco
- Del.i.cious: http://delicious.com/learningatcisco
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=learningatcisco
- Google Reader: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/07543131729020791635
- Friendfeed: www.friendfeed.com/learningatcisco
Talent Development, Cisco Certified, Network, Certifications, IT Certifications, Cisco, Cisco Learning Network, Collaboration, Education, CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, CCVP, Security, Voice, Unified Communications, Learning@Cisco