Madrid, 27th June 2014. – Telefónica has deployed the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution to provide large companies with Cloud access to next-generation Cisco Collaboration applications and services.
This offer includes Unified Communications, mobility and video, as well as Customer Collaboration (virtual contact center) and a complete suite of Collaboration applications like Cisco WebEx® for web videoconferences, and Cisco Jabber®, an integrated unified communications client that allows users to interact with instant messaging, real-time presence, voice, video, voice messaging or videoconferencing anywhere and from any device.
Within this offering, Telefónica deploys the ToIP (Telephony over IP) service hosted in the Cloud, addressed to large companies. HCS allows the companies to deploy their own virtualized contact centers in Telefónica data centers. With this customizable service, customers can enjoy the same functions as if they were on-premise contact centers, while avoiding capital expenditures and platform updating costs.
This service allows companies to easily and rapidly evolve ToIP infrastructures, providing better flexibility to create new offices and scale up the service outputs according to the specific business demands.
Based on a monthly payment model, this innovative service enables organizations to improve both agility and productivity by using the latest collaborative tools on demand and with no capital investments or licences fees, resources can be dedicated to their core business.
Key points of the announcement
· Flexible and scalable implementation model. Organizations can access the latest Unified Communications, Contact Center and Collaboration solutions with greater velocity, flexibility and efficiency, choosing among multiple applications and functions and signing up for them by modules as needed, consequently saving capital and space costs.
· Consistent, personalized experience. End users enjoy personalized, unified communications (chat, videoconferencing, presence, instant messaging, integration with e-mail, Single Number Reach, voice mailbox etc.) in accordance with their profile, at any time and place and using any device, achieving mobility, omnipresence and increased productivity.
· End-to-end management. As a leader in VoIP and Cloud solutions, Communications and Services, Telefónica offers complete support and end-to-end management through a single interlocutor and a data center with the highest levels of quality and regulatory compliance.
· Guaranteed technological innovation plus investment protection. Clients get free version updates and access to new functions included in their monthly payment, with Cisco´s service guarantee as a leading provider of Unified Communications and Collaboration.
· Greater security. Highly secure, virtualized platform in Telefónica's Cloud: designed to maximize redundancy, fail- safe operation
- Andrés López Hedoire, Enterprises Product Marketing Director at Telefónica España:
"Organizations are demanding new formulas to optimize and simplify their communications, helping their employees to collaborate easily from anywhere. The new fully managed Collaboration service is based on the reliability of the Telefónica´s Data Center and communications network, offering all the advantages of IT as a service: reduction in capital costs, adaptability, flexibility and investment protection, all of it with Cisco endorsement as one of the leading providers offering Unified Communications and Collaboration on the most complete on the market".
- Jesús González, Client Director Telefónica Group at Cisco:
"Through the proven and trustworthy Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution platform, which already has more than a million end users worldwide, we are delighted to help Telefónica provide its corporate clients with next-generation Collaboration solutions. This innovative offer has the highest level of flexibility, security and scalability, enabling a new way of working and the best user experience, regardless of location, device or communications channel - voice, video or
· More information about the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution.
· Unified Communication from Cisco.
· Discover more about Collaboration services from Cisco and its partners.
· Cisco Collaboration Blog.
· Cisco RSS Feed news.
Telefónica is one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world in terms of market capitalisation and number of customers. With its best in class mobile, fixed and broadband networks, and innovative portfolio of digital solutions, Telefónica is transforming itself into a ‘Digital Telco', a company that will be even better placed to meet the needs of its customers and capture new revenue growth.
The company has a significant presence in 24 countries and a customer base that amounts more than 313 million accesses around the world. Telefónica has a strong presence in Spain, Europe and Latin America, where the company focuses an important part of its growth strategy.
Telefónica is a 100% listed company, with more than 1.5 million direct shareholders. Its share capital currently comprises 4.551.024.586 ordinary shares traded on the Spanish Stock Market (Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao and Valencia) and on those in London, New York, Lima, and Buenos Aires.
About Cisco Collaboration
From award-winning IP communications to mobility, customer care, Web conferencing, messaging, enterprise social software, and interoperable telepresence experiences, Cisco brings together network-based, integrated collaboration solutions based on open standards. These solutions offered across on-premise, cloud-based or virtualized platforms, as well as services from Cisco and our partners, are designed to help promote business growth, innovation and productivity. They are also designed to help accelerate team performance, protect investments, and simplify the process of finding the right people and information.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #