January 07, 2014
LAS VEGAS, Nevada, CES 2014, January 7, 2014 – At CES 2014, Cisco is demonstrating through several activities and events, the company's vision for the Internet of Everything, (IoE) which is the networked connection of people, processes, data and things. Cisco Chairman and Chief Executive Officer John Chambers will deliverwill deliver a keynote address on the topic today at 4:30 p.m. PST in the Venetian Palazzo Ballroom. His address will be part of the Consumer Electronics Association's (CEA) Tech Titans keynote series, where CEOs from the most powerful companies in technology present their visions for revolutions in products, services and networks that will shape the next wave of innovation.
Visit Cisco at the Las Vegas Convention Center
As sponsor of the "Internet of Everything Tech Zone," Cisco will host a range of demonstrations at booth #13342 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, demonstrating how several technology transitions – including mobility, the "consumerization" of IT, the rise of cloud computing, the growing importance of Big Data and the Internet of Things ‑ are combining to make the IoE possible. Demonstrations include:
The Internet of Everything: In the Home
- Featuring recently announced new cloud-powered Cisco® Videoscape™ software and service capabilities, this demo will show how the Internet of Everything can benefit consumers at home. It combines service provider delivered long-form content, location-based and profile data, home control/automation features, and data collected from sensors to show a vision for the home of the future.
The Internet of Everything: On The Go
- Cisco reimagines the shopping experience with our simulated retail environment: "BigBox." While shopping at BigBox, visitors can walk through a combination of experiences involving location-based data, video, predictive analytics, security cameras, and sensors – designed to help retailers enrich the shopping trip for their customers, and more efficiently manage their stores.
New Videoscape Cloud Software and Software as a Service (Saas) Capabilities for Service Providers and Media Companies
Cisco will host private demonstrations and meetings for its partners and customers at The Wynn Hotel to present how Videoscape empowers service providers and media companies to reduce operating expenses and improve agility, and also grow revenue by leveraging the IoE. Featured demos include the new Cisco Videoscape Cloud capabilities, user experiences running on 4K/Ultra HDTV, Cisco Connected Life security and home automation solutions, new developments in advanced advertising, content management and security, and more.
See Cisco's Connected Car Solutions
Cisco is bringing the Internet to the road to help keep roads safer, less congested, and cleaner. Please visit the Visteon Booth CP20 in the Central Plaza at the Las Vegas Convention Center, where Cisco will be demonstrating its end-to-end network architecture designed to optimize communication and mobility services to and from connected cars.
Additional Cisco Speakers at CES 2014:
- Doug Webster, vice president, service provider global marketing, Cisco, "IP Traffic Will Triple in Five Years," Monday, January 6, 9:10 AM – 9:50 AM, Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC), North Hall N256.
- JT Taylor, director, strategic marketing, service provider video, Cisco, "Multi-Screen Universe: - Strategies for Connected TV Technology & Content," Monday, January 6, 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM, LVCC, North Hall N258.
- Olivier Lacour, vice president, Studio Design, Cisco, "2nd Screen - Social Television - The Merger of Content, Social Interaction and the Video Platforms," Monday, January 6, 4:00 – 5:00 PM, LVCC, North Hall N260.
- Ashu Joshi, product manager, Connected Life Solutions, Cisco, "The Internet of Things: Connected Home Platforms and Devices," Tuesday, January 7, 12:00 – 1:15 PM, LVCC North Hall, N264.
- Robert Pepper, vice president, global technology policy, Cisco, "The Internet of Things and the Home of the Future," Wednesday, January 8, 10:30 – 11:30 AM, LVCC, North Hall N254.
- Charles Stucki, vice president and general manager, service provider video infrastructure group, Cisco, "Connecting Everything: Transforming What Happens on Screens," Thursday, January 9, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM, LVCC, North Hall N260.
- David Evans, Cisco chief futurist, Cisco consulting Services, Cisco, "What Can We Make Possible with the Internet of Everything? (Interactive Session)," Thursday, January 9, 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM, LVCC, North Hall N260.
- Blair Christie, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Cisco
"Cisco has led customers through every Internet transition over the last 30 years. The Internet of Everything is perhaps the most promising of these, creating unprecedented opportunities for organizations, individuals, communities and countries to realize dramatically greater value from networked connections between people, processes, data and things. We are working to harness the IoE's power and promise to connect the unconnected, and we look forward to showcasing several life-changing scenarios for the IoE, here at CES in Las Vegas."
Additional Cisco News at CES 2014:
- NBC Olympics' Production of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi to Utilize Cisco New Videoscape Cloud Solution
- Cisco Expands Videoscape TV Platform into the Cloud
- Samsung Brings the Ultimate User Content Gift Package to Game-Changing Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO Tablets at CES 2014; Includes Cisco WebEx® Meetings Mobile App
- Click here to register and watch John Chambers' keynote address live online
- Cisco IoE: Tomorrow Starts Here: http://www.cisco.com/web/tomorrow-starts-here/index.html
- Cisco IoE Value Index Research: http://internetofeverything.cisco.com
- About Cisco Videoscape: http://www.cisco.com/go/videoscape
- Cisco's Connected Car Solutions: http://www.cisco.com/go/connectedcar
- Blog Series: Cisco at CES 2014: Cisco SP360: http://blogs.cisco.com/sp
- Follow Cisco at CES news and activities on Twitter: #CiscoCES, #IOE, #MyIOE, #Videoscape
Cisco, Blair Christie, Big Data, cloud computing, Internet of Everything, IoE, IoE Tech Zone, IP, John Chambers, mobility, Tomorrow Starts Here, Videoscape
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.