Mexico City, August 31, 2015.- The 5th edition of Cisco Live!™ Cancun is taking place in the Mayan Riviera, México, from 2 to 5 November at the Moon Palace Hotel. Cisco Live! has become one of the main IT conferences in the region that gathers customers, experts and partners from different business segments, and levels. At Cisco Live! attendees have access to premier education and training on the latest products and trends as well as certification on Cisco® technologies, in an environment that encourages the exchange of ideas.
This year attendees will find the Hub area, where Cisco experts will be available to get together to share ideas, talk through challenges and explore new concepts. At The Hub, attendees will find the Technical Solutions Clinic, which consists of informal whiteboard discussion on the challenges faced, and Meet the Experts on 1:1 meetings to talk to a Cisco engineer or executive.
Cisco Live! LATAM 2015 will offer the following programs:
- Technical education program: Attendees can create their own agenda focusing on a single topic or attend sessions in multiple tracks for a cross-discipline approach. This year the attendees will have the opportunity to choose over 100 technical sessions focused on certification, cloud, collaboration, data center, enterprise networks, mobility, network transformation, security, service provider and software development plus more than 50 business sessions.
- Technical Seminars. These meetings consist of half-day seminars that focus on design principles and best practices around Data Center, Security, Enterprise Networking and NFV (Network Functions Virtualization).
- IT Management. These sessions are designed to cultivate the special mix of business savvy and technological expertise need to help organizations to innovate and thrive. Some of the topics of the agenda include industry trends in technology, leadership and the IT business.
- Labs: Attendees will have the chance to learn about technology and apply that knowledge through problems solving in a controlled environment. Two choices of Labs will be found:
- Instructor Led Labs: Attendees can create their own agenda focusing on a single topic or attend sessions in multiple tracks for a cross-discipline approach. They serve as preparation for specific Cisco Certification exams.
- Walk-in Self-Paced Labs: Provide attendees with the opportunity to get hands-on experience on a variety of products and solutions from Cisco. These labs are designed to give a full experience allowing attendees to work through a 30-60 minute pre-designed scenario and letting them explore full configurations or features of those products.
The Labs will be connected to labs in Cisco corporate offices in San Jose, Calif., giving participants access to the latest technology developed by Cisco along with expert guidance.
- Executive Symposium. This is an exclusive CxO level event that allows business-focused technology leaders to collaborate with peers from diverse industries. The event brings together executives in a program that allows them to sharpen leadership skills and expand the value of their organizations.
- Industry Summits: Sessions organized to promote the exchange of ideas on IT applied in sectors as Education, Government and Finance.
- IoE and IoT Regional Forum: To continue increasing Cisco relevance among the Line of Business and Operations Technology stakeholders and influencers that leads the transformation in their respective organizations. At the same time we position the technology as an enabler for change, productivity improvement and competitiveness.
- Cisco Empowered Women’s Network: This will be the third annual women’s forum in Cisco Live! Cancun. It will gather women working in the IT Industry to focus on the challenges and opportunities of today, uncover new ways to inspire the empowered women of tomorrow, as well as develop the networking to continue the exchange of ideas.
Additionally participants will have access to Innovation Talks that will provide a look at the challenges and potential of the latest innovations in key areas such as Enterprise Networking technology, Security, and Data Center. This year also a Hackathon will take place. The Hackathon will bring together developers, designers and professionals that have an interesting application idea, and will be able to build the best application with support of mentors.
In Cisco Live! Cancun 2015, developers will find the DevNet zone. DevNet provides developers with the tools, resources and code needed to build innovative, network-enabled solutions. Participants will have 1-on-1 access to technical experts who will help them get hands-on with Cisco and open source SDKs and APIs. Attendees will gain the knowledge, skills, and connections needed to move ahead in their area of interest.
Besides, participants will have access to the World of Solutions, an impressive trade-show area where more than 70 partners and technology providers will present their latest products and solutions alongside Cisco solutions that will be showcased at the Cisco Campus, where attendees will have the opportunity to explore more than 100 demonstrations on technologies related in Cisco’s portfolio such as IoE/IoT, Service Providers, Data Center, SDN/ACI, Enterprise Networking, Mobility, Cloud Managed Networks (Meraki), Security, Collaboration, Cloud, among others.
Furthermore, attendees interested in pursuing their certification exams during Cisco Live! will have access to a special discount of up to 75 percent if they preregister and 50 percent onsite.
Cisco Live! is held annually in just four cities worldwide: San Diego, Berlín, Melbourne and Cancun. Last year Cisco Live! Cancun gathered close to 4,500 professionals from 40 countries who attended 120 sessions; 70 partners took part in the World of Solutions, and Cisco offered over 100 demos in the Cisco Campus. All interconnected in a network that supported traffic of up to 1.6 Terabits.
For more information about Cisco Live! Cancun, the industry's premier education and training event for IT professionals, please visit www.ciscolive.com.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.