San Jose, Calif., May 1, 2015 – Next week at INTX, The Internet and Television Expo, Cisco will demonstrate how its leadership in IP Access, SDN, virtualization and the Cloud is helping drive time-to-market, monetization and agility for cable operators and service providers.
At booth #523 at McCormick Place, Cisco will highlight a full range of demos that bring Internet of Everything experiences to life including:
- Industry-first demonstrations of end-to-end DOCSIS 3.1-ready solutions: Cisco® IP access solutions use SDN to integrate DOCSIS, PON, Wi-Fi and Ethernet into a unified solution, enabling cable operators to take an unrivaled lead in delivering high speed Internet access to consumers.
- Virtualized Managed Services solutions: Cisco will show how cable operators can use virtualization to address new commercial services market segments, reduce costs and drive agility across their rapidly growing commercial services markets.
- Video: Cisco will demonstrate its innovative Virtualized Video Platform (V2P), which allows video workflows to be created automatically, on demand, in software. V2P virtualizes the complete video workflow, accelerating and cost reducing video processing applications ranging from adding a new channel to an established line up, to implementing a new video format like HEVC or 4K, or creating a new IP video service.
- RDK: Cisco will demonstrate how its cloud-powered, RDK client-based consumer video solutions leverage Fast IT and DevOps concepts to deliver new features, new services and more revenues faster.
- Security: Cisco’s threat-centric security solutions protect content within the service provider’s enterprise and their distribution network.
Cisco Speakers at INTX:
- John T. Chapman, Cisco Fellow & CTO, Cable Access business unit, Cisco: “Software vs. Silicon: Understanding and Advancing the SDN Revolution,” 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Tuesday, May 5, McCormick Place, Room W474.
- Yvette Kanouff, senior vice president, general manager, Service Provider Video Software and Solutions, Cisco: “You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet: Technology, Innovation and the Future of Media,” Tuesday, May 5, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., McCormick Place, Room W470.
- JT Taylor, Sr. Manager, Product Marketing, Service Provider business, Cisco: “Why The Internet of Things is Definitely Still A Thing,” Tuesday, May 5, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., McCormick Place, Booth 150, INTX Marketplace.
- John T. Chapman, Cisco Fellow & CTO, Cable Access business unit, Cisco; Alon Bernstein, distinguished engineer, software architect, Cisco; Hang Jin, Systems Architect, Cisco; Pawell Sawinski, CMTS software architect, Cisco: “Remote Phy, When and Why: Approaches for Physical Migration,” Wednesday, May 6, 8:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m., McCormick Place, Room W474.
- Maxwell Huang, technical leader, engineering, Cable Access business unit, Cisco: “Getting the Gig: Realizing the Potential of DOCSIS 3.1,” Wednesday, May 6, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., McCormick Place, Room W474.
- Yaron Agami, Product Marketing Manager, Service Provider Video Software and Solutions, Cisco; Adam Davies, product marketing manager, Service Provider Video Software and Solutions, Cisco: “The Money Cloud,” Wednesday, May 6, 12:45 p.m. – 1:30 p.m., McCormick Place, Booth 150, INTX Marketplace.
- Ken Martin, general manager and executive director, Global Sales, Sports and Entertainment Solutions Group, Cisco: “The Ballpark Goes Broadband: Designing and Empowering the New Digital Stadium,” Wednesday, May 6, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., McCormick Place, Room W475.
- Yvette Kanouff, senior vice president, general manager, Service Provider Video Software and Solutions, Cisco (moderator), and Alon Bernstein, distinguished engineer, software architect, Cisco: “Cracking the Code: Achieving Software-Powered Performance Advancements,” Thursday, May 7, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., McCormick Place, Room W474.
- Yvette Kanouff, senior vice president and general manager, Cisco Service Provider Video Software and Solutions
“This year’s show marks a milestone, as it welcomes the worlds of pay TV and OTT providers together for the first time. We look forward to meeting with customers in Chicago to showcase our unified product roadmap and solutions that will help them to be nimble and offer services quickly, and profitably.”
- Joe Cozzolino, senior vice president and general manager, Cisco Mobility and Service Provider Video Network Infrastructure
“Cisco is investing to lead the market in DOCSIS 3.1 CMTS and CPE. We have made investments in early product designs across multiple silicon platforms, and will be demonstrating end-to-end D3.1 performance for customers throughout the week at INTX.”
- Cisco Videoscape™ Cloud Solutions
- Blog Series: Cisco at INTX: Cisco SP360: http://blogs.cisco.com/sp
- Follow Cisco’s INTX news and activities on Twitter: #INTX and @CiscoSPVideo
Cisco, cloud, cloud video, CMTS, CPE, DOCSIS 3.1, Intercloud, INTX, IP, NFV, SDN, Videoscape Cloud, virtualization, Yvette Kanouff, Joe Cozzolino
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.