Media Alert: Keynotes from Internet of Things World Forum to be Webcast Live
SAN JOSE – October 13, 2014 – At the Internet of Things World Forum, Cisco, along with 29 industry sponsors, and top thought leaders, implementers and creators will gather to collaborate, network, partner, and build the industry's IoT ecosystem. Participation has doubled since last year, with more than 1,500 customers and partners across public sector, private business and education industries joining. All keynote sessions will be streamed live during the event to: www.iotwf.com. Highlights include:
Tuesday, October 14
12:45 – 2:00 pm CT: Opening Keynote: The Internet of Things: Capturing the Accelerated Opportunity
- Wim Elfrink, Chief Globalization Officer and EVP, Industry Solutions, Cisco will share his perspective on the explosion of growth and accelerated opportunity for the IoT, highlight specific examples of the economic impact of the IoT and discuss how collectively we can capture this enormous opportunity.
2:00 – 2:30 pm CT: Customer Keynote: Mining, Our Internet of ‘Big’ Things
- John McGagh, Head of Innovation, Rio Tinto
2:30 – 3:15 pm CT: Sponsor Keynote: The Connected Enterprise in Action: How Industrial IoT is Delivering Results Today
- Keith Nosbusch, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Rockwell Automation
Wednesday, October 15
9:00 – 9:45 am CT: Sponsor Keynote: From Proof of Concept to Enterprise-Wide Deployment: Scaling Up in the World of IoT
- Pascal Brosset, CTO, Schneider Electric Industries SAS
9:45 – 10:15 am CT: Customer Keynote
- Arjen Dorland, Executive Vice President, Shell
10:15 – 10:45 am CT: Sponsor Keynote: A Brave, New (IoT) World
- Mati Kochavi, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, AGT International
2:00 – 2:45 pm CT: The Internet of Everything is Changing Everything: The Future of Work and Innovation
- Padmasree Warrior, SVP, Chief Technology and Strategy Officer and Blair Christie, SVP, Chief Marketing Officer will discuss the Internet of Everything’s impact on business operations and the future of work, and reveal the winners for the IoT Innovation Grand Challenge, IoT Security Grand Challenge and IoT World Forum Hackathon.
2:45 – 3:15 pm CT: Sponsor Keynote: The Internet of Things: How It Will Inspire Enterprises to Transform Customer Experiences: Part 2
- Phil Gerskovich, SVP, New Growth Platforms, Zebra Technologies
3:15 – 3:45 pm CT: Sponsor Keynote: The Internet of Things: Lessons Learned As We Move From Custom Projects to Widespread Deployment
- John Thompson, VP Strategy, Internet of Things, IBM
Thursday, October 16
8:30 – 9:00 am CT: Sponsor Keynote: Solving the Networking Puzzle: From IoT to SDN and Everything in Between
- Tom Deitrich, Senior Vice President, Digital Networking, Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
9:00 – 9:30 am CT: Sponsor Keynote: What the Internet of Things Means for the Enterprise
- Alan Dabbiere, Chairman, AirWatch by VMware
1:45 – 2:30 pm CT: Sponsor Keynote: Connecting the Unconnected
- Doug Davis, Corporate VP and GM, IoT Group, Intel
2:30 – 3:30 pm CT: Closing Keynote: The Future Enterprise – What’s Next?
- John Chambers, Chairman and CEO will close IoTWF with a discussion about the transformation and convergence of IT and OT in enterprises and the key disruptive and agile business experiences that would be created through two main technology trends arising from IoT in enterprises – analytics and scaling applications from edge to cloud.
Tags/keywords: Cisco, Internet of Things, IoT, IoE, Internet of Everything, Wim Elfrink, Padmasree Warrior, John Chambers, Chicago, Internet of Things World Forum
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
About the Internet of Things World Forum
The Internet of Things is an exclusive event created to unite global leaders for a collaborative industry discussion that will accelerate the impact of the Internet of Things on the global economy, society and the environment. In 2014, this exclusive, invitation-only event will once again bring together business and global thought leaders from across industries, technologies, and geographies that are passionate about igniting innovation and accelerating the advancement of the Internet of Things for their organizations and society as a whole.
At the inaugural Internet of Things World Forum that took place October 29-31, 2013 in Barcelona, more than 800 attendees and 16 partner companies brought together the best and brightest thinkers, doers, and innovators from business, government, and academia, making it the largest Internet of Things conference in the industry.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.