SAN JOSE, Calif., May 26, 2010 - Cisco today announced that it is evolving its Authorized Learning Partner Program to align with the company's technology architecture strategy. The convergence of market transitions, ranging from collaboration and video to virtualization and cloud-based services, is fundamentally changing the way customers acquire and use technology. Cisco is expanding its Learning Partner Program to address the training needs of Cisco partners and customers in borderless networks, collaboration, data center virtualization, and other key technology architectures.
Cisco's Learning Partner Program continues to grow, with more than 380 Cisco Authorized Learning Partners globally reaching more than 300,000 information technology professionals annually. Equipped with certified comprehensive technical knowledge and skills, Cisco Learning Partners provide the advanced technical, certification and product training to individuals that enable Cisco partners and customers to deploy technology and business solutions with greater confidence and increase the overall productivity and profitability of their businesses. The introduction of Cisco Channel Education Specializations in October 2009 was a key step in aligning partners with Cisco's architectural approach.
- Starting in August 2011, Cisco Learning Partners will be categorized as either Cisco Learning Partner-Associate or Cisco Learning Partner-Specialized.
- Learning Partner-Associate organizations focus on delivering baseline Cisco certifications, such as the industry-leading Cisco CCNAÒ.
- Learning Partner-Specialized organizations focus on delivering training in business solutions and technology architectures such as data center, borderless networks and security.
- Learning Partners will be assessed on specialized capabilities, depth of skills in particular architectural solutions, bench strength and quality of training.
- Cisco's enhanced CCSITM program will advance the skills, capabilities and reputation of certified instructors with new tools and incentives. These will comprise automated credential assurance; continuing education opportunities, including lab support and channel system engineer events; and improved content access, including new-product introduction and sales-enablement materials.
- The forthcoming creation of an active CCSI community on the Cisco Learning Network will foster greater collaboration and alignment with technology and business architectures. Features of this community will include news and information, discussion groups, feedback, and instructor-recognition opportunities.
- Andres Sintes, global director, Worldwide Learning Partner Channel for Cisco, said:
- Edison Peres, senior vice president of Worldwide Partner Go-to-Market for Cisco, said:
- Shelley Morris, group vice president, Strategic Relations, New Horizons, said:
"The evolution of Cisco's Learning Partner Program is another solid indication that we are moving in the right direction as many more prospects, customers and channel partners continue to educate themselves about Cisco technology architectures and certify their IT staff with Cisco career certifications. As we continue to expand the program to address the changing needs of businesses around the world, we look forward to delivering training that helps individuals achieve successful careers and their employers drive profitable growth."
"Cisco authorized training is an essential element of Cisco's channel program. By recognizing Cisco Learning Partners who support the evolution to an architectural approach, Cisco is ensuring the continued success of our partners as they look to strengthen and deepen their skills as trusted business advisers for customers around the world."
"As a Cisco Learning Partner, we provide training that equips professionals with an understanding of networking technologies to help close the global networking skills gap. The evolution of Cisco's Learning Channel will enable us to deliver comprehensive knowledge and targeted skills training that Cisco Channel Partners and customers need to deploy Cisco technologies with confidence."
- Find an Authorized Learning Partner: www.cisco.com/go/partnerlocator
- Find out about Authorized Learning Partners: www.cisco.com/go/learningpartners
- Find Authorized Cisco Courses: http://www.cisco.com/go/learninglocator
Talent Development, Learning Partners, Cisco Learning Partners, WWLPC, Networking, Cisco, Cisco Certifications, Training, Technical Training, Cisco Authorized Training, Learning Locator, Channels, Partner, Architecture, Partner Summit, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, New Horizons, Cisco Learning Network, CCSI