TORONTO, Ont. – Dec. 8, 2009 – Cisco announced today that TELUS Corporation is the first Canadian telecommunications provider to offer intercompany Cisco TelePresenceTM services across the country.
TELUS Intercompany Service with Cisco TelePresence combines existing enterprise networks with service provider connections to extend Cisco TelePresence meetings beyond an enterprise boundary, allowing companies of all sizes as well as individuals to use Cisco TelePresence to collaborate with colleagues, customers, suppliers, and partners.This means that any user at any organization can meet face to face via Cisco TelePresence with other users on other enterprise networks.
Cisco offers a complete Cisco TelePresence solution and fully validated reference architecture that facilitates calls between multiple enterprise networks to traverse the service provider network with no co-mingling of routes, addresses, or data.
- In January 2008, TELUS was the first Canadian telecommunications provider to achieve Cisco certifications to sell, deploy and support Cisco TelePresence.
- With this new service, TELUS joins the existing group of service providers spanning five continents to deliver intercompany Cisco TelePresence services, extending the availability of the technology to more than 150 countries and thousands of cities. The other carriers that have announced intercompany Cisco TelePresence services include AT&T, BT, Orange, NTT, Tata, Telefonica, TelMex and Telstra.
- Cisco TelePresence has more than 500 customers and 3,000 systems deployed worldwide.
- Roberto Depani, vice president, Information Technology and Communications Solutions, TELUS Business Solutions
- Olaf Krahmer, vice president of service provider operations, Cisco Canada
"At TELUS, business value means communicating the advantage of investing in technology that will benefit customers beyond today. It's about more than feeds and speeds - it's about helping Canadian companies see the potential of communications to improve their business. Businesses require constant communication with their partners and suppliers to make important and timely decisions. With TELUS Intercompany Service with Cisco TelePresence, companies can extend their investment in TelePresence and connect to other Cisco TelePresence customers and public suites on the TELUS network."
"We are excited to announce that TELUS is the first Canadian service provider to help its customers take further advantage of the benefits of Cisco TelePresence and connect with external partners and customers. By extending the reach of Cisco TelePresence, TELUS customers will experience richer collaboration through cross-functional meetings, scaling of scarce resources, and better return on investment, all driving competitive advantage."
- Cisco Fosters Intercompany Collaboration With Global Cisco TelePresence Network
- Cisco Breaks Down Barriers to Business-to-Business Collaboration
- For more information on Cisco TelePresence:
- For more information on TELUS Intercompany Service with Cisco TelePresence:
About Cisco TelePresence
Cisco TelePresence combines innovative real-time video, audio, and interactive technologies to give people in distributed global locations a wide variety of face-to-face collaboration experiences. It enables new types of collaboration applications that are transforming business processes, saving resources, improving productivity and helping organizations grow globally.
Intercompany Cisco TelePresence, enabled by service providers, gives enterprises the ability to use Cisco TelePresence to meet with key suppliers, customers, and partners to drive competitive advantage, faster time to market and better collaboration in their businesses.
TELUS (TSX: T, T.A; NYSE: TU) is a leading national telecommunications company in Canada, with $9.6 billion of annual revenue and 11.9million customer connections including 6.4 million wireless subscribers, 4.1 million wireline network access lines and 1.2 million Internet subscribers and more than 100,000 TELUS TV customers. Led since 2000 by President and CEO, Darren Entwistle, TELUS provides a wide range of communications products and services including data, Internet protocol (IP), voice, entertainment and video. In support of our philosophy to give where we live, TELUS, our team members and retirees have contributed $137 million to charitable and not-for-profit organizations and volunteered more than 2.6 million hours of service to local communities since 2000. Nine TELUS Community Boards across Canada lead our local philanthropic initiatives. For more information about TELUS, please visit telus.com.