Cisco Fosters Intercompany Collaboration With Global Cisco TelePresence Network
Company Expands Product Portfolio With New Single-Screen Endpoint for Multipurpose Rooms
SAN JOSE, Calif., September 9, 2009 - Cisco today announced major steps in the company's strategy to bring Cisco TelePresenceTM to everyone, everywhere, with continued global momentum for intercompany Cisco TelePresence services and the introduction of a new one-screen, one-camera Cisco TelePresence system for multipurpose conference rooms.
In less than two years, Cisco has enabled eight of the world's top service providers spanning five continents to deliver intercompany Cisco TelePresence services, extending availability of the technology to more than 150 countries and thousands of cities. Intercompany Cisco TelePresence gives businesses the ability to use Cisco TelePresence to meet with key suppliers, customers and partners to improve their competitive advantage, speed the time to market, and foster better collaboration in their businesses.
The service providers, AT&T, BT, Orange, NTT, Tata Communications, Telefonica, Telstra, and most recently Telmex, have announced commercial intercompany Cisco TelePresence services, enabling the more than 350 organizations that have already selected Cisco TelePresence to communicate reliably and with high levels of security and across different networks.
Cisco also expanded the Cisco TelePresence product portfolio with a new single-screen, single-camera endpoint for up to two people in a multipurpose conference room. Whether for one-to-one or one-to-many meetings, the Cisco TelePresence System 1100 uses the standard 65-inch plasma screen and fits in small, general-use meeting rooms. When not being used for virtual meetings, the Cisco TelePresence System 1100 also functions as a high-quality audio conferencing device, as an auxiliary display for presentations, or as a digital sign, utilizing integrated Cisco Digital Media Player functionality.
- Together, the eight global carriers that have announced intercompany Cisco TelePresence services cover more than 150 countries in five continents.
- Approximately 9 million corporate employees have intercompany corporate access to be able to connect across different corporate networks.
- Intercompany Cisco TelePresence traffic is growing more than 35 percent per month.
- World-class businesses are using intercompany Cisco TelePresence services today, including more than a quarter of the Fortune 100 businesses.
- The Cisco TelePresence System 1100 uses the same industrial design as the Cisco TelePresence System 1300 Series, providing a slim, attractive footprint that enables organizations to roll out the benefits of the Cisco TelePresence in-person experience to any conference room.
- All Cisco TelePresence endpoints, whether single-screen units for individual use or large meeting room environments, are interoperable with all standards-based video conferencing at SD and HD resolutions, and Web-based conferencing applications such as Cisco WebExTM.
- With Cisco TelePresence Extended Reach, organizations can cost-effectively deploy single-screen Cisco TelePresence endpoints such as the Cisco TelePresence System 1100 to branch offices or other areas where deployment over a T-1/E-1 or broadband Internet connection is suitable.
- The Cisco TelePresence System 1100 supports all Cisco TelePresence solutions and applications including Recording Studio, Events and Expert on Demand.
- Isidoro Ambe Attar, commercial director, Corporate Market, TELMEX
- John Landau, senior vice president, Global Managed Services, Tata Communications
- Jeff Prestel, general manager, Video Business Unit, BT Conferencing
- Mark Weidick, vice president and general manager, TelePresence Exchange Business Unit, Cisco
"Recently TELMEX and Cisco announced a regional plan in Latin America to market and deliver Cisco TelePresence, this plan includes the launch of public TelePresence suites, the first of their kind in the region, as a clear example that shows that we are always focused and working for our customers in order to enable them to realize the benefits of a broad, converged and diversified offering of telecommunications services. We understand that converged services are a national and international real need. To be successful, they require telecom service providers to collaborate fully."
"The expanding network of TelePresence private and public rooms enables virtual meetings experiences almost the same as physically being together around the same table with participants who are dispersed across several continents. Businesses and their supply chains are going global. TelePresence helps the relationship still feel local."
"Cisco is continuing to invest in the future of TelePresence to provide innovative ways of collaborating, which complements BT's vision for providing the most cost effective, reliable and easy-to-use conferencing services like BT Global Video Exchange. With BT's Global Video Exchange service and Cisco technology, customers are able to bypass previous communication barriers, and use their TelePresence systems to communicate outside of their enterprise with customers, partners and others on different networks."
"Working with leading global carriers, Cisco is bringing the vision of a global Cisco TelePresence network to reality. With the combination of highly secure, reliable intercompany Cisco TelePresence services and access to public Cisco TelePresence Suites, organizations can now scale their operations to reap growth and productivity benefits both internally and externally today. Via the complete Cisco TelePresence portfolio, robust applications and solutions, and the ability to interoperate with all standards-based video conferencing and Web-based conferencing applications, we are delivering Cisco TelePresence for everyone, everywhere."
About Cisco TelePresence
Cisco TelePresence combines innovative real-time video, audio, and interactive technologies to give people in distributed global locations a wide variety of face-to-face collaboration experiences. It enables new types of collaboration applications that are transforming business processes, saving resources, improving productivity and helping organizations grow globally.
Cisco TelePresence is Cisco's fastest-growing new product category with more than 350 customers and 2,500 systems deployed worldwide. In addition, Cisco has installed more than 600 Cisco TelePresence rooms on its own internal network for greater internal and external productivity and effective collaboration.
- View Cisco TelePresence Photos on Flickr
- Follow Cisco on Twitter
- Subscribe to Cisco News RSS
- Cisco TelePresence System 1100 Video
- TELMEX to Market Intercompany Cisco TelePresence in Latin America
- AT&T, BT and Tata Demonstrate Industry's First Cisco TelePresence Call Across Multiple Carrier Networks
- Cisco Extends TelePresence Experience to New Users, Applications and Markets
Cisco, TelePresence, video, collaboration, unified communications, video conferencing, communications
Cisco (Nasdaq: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at www.cisco.com for ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, Cisco TelePresence, Cisco WebEx and WebEx are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsBright House Networks Deploys Cisco Network Convergence System to Offer Cloud-Based Business and Residential Services
Inside Cisco's Acoustic Chamber
By Karen Crocker Snell 4/16/2014
Cisco Deployed IT Infrastructure for World-Famous Mariinsky Theatre