SAN JOSE, California - October 5, 2009 - Cisco today at ITU Telecom World (ITU) 2009, in Geneva, Switzerland will highlight a variety of announcements that showcase the continued momentum of the Cisco IP Next-Generation Network (IP NGN) architecture and it is technology innovation which enable service providers to deliver an increasing array of innovative "Connected Life" experiences to their customers.
The Cisco IP NGN helps enable service providers to deliver differentiated 'Connected Life' experiences to their residential and business customers by integrating voice, video, data and mobility to create unique "any-play" service offerings, at home, at work or on the move. The ability to deliver these personalized experiences anywhere, anytime, and to virtually any device, creates a host of new 'Connected Life' opportunities for accelerated service provider growth and enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Cisco chairman and chief executive officer John Chambers and other senior Cisco executives will discuss Cisco's vision for the future - the 'Connected Life, Innovative Experiences' - and the importance of the network as the platform in delivering and transforming life experiences to benefit the global community.
- Turkcell Delivers 3G Data Services with Cisco and Openet - Cisco and Openet announce that Turkcell, one of the largest mobile operators in Europe, has deployed a combined solution to provide a flexible charging system for its general packet radio service (GPRS) mobile data network. The joint Cisco-Openet solution introduces intelligence into the network to enable real-time packet inspection, rating and billing of individual customers' mobile data usage.
- Telefónica, Cisco deliver telemedicine experience in Argentina - Cisco announces the implementation of the second phase of a telemedicine pilot project, led by the Prof. Dr. Juan P. Garrahan Pediatric Hospital, Cisco and Telefónica, in cooperation with Castro Rendón Hospital. This multiphase project is geared to offering remote health care support and services in different provinces of the Argentine Republic.
- Telstra Deploys Cisco ASR 9000 Edge Router - Australian service provider, Telstra, is deploying the Cisco Aggregation Services Router 9000 Series (ASR) as their carrier Ethernet platform supporting a range of bandwidth-intensive, content-based services such as video.
- Cisco Doubles Density of Industry's Highest-Performance Edge Router, U.S. Service Provider, Cogent, Deploys Cisco ASR 9000 - Cisco has doubled the density of its flagship edge router, the Cisco Aggregation Services Router 9000 Series. This enhances the platform's leadership position as the highest-capacity edge router and gives it the industry's highest density. Cogent joins Softbank (Japan), Telstra (Australia) and Verizon Wireless (U.S.) as some of the service providers around the globe which have selected the innovative Cisco ASR 9000 as their next-generation edge routing platform.
- Virgin Media Upgrades Digital TV Platform With Cisco - Virgin Media, a leading entertainment and communications company in the UK, has chosen Cisco to support its Internet Protocol (IP) TV distribution platform and help upgrade its legacy digital TV infrastructure.
- Reporters, bloggers and analysts interested in scheduling an on-site briefing with Cisco can contact CiscoSP@Text100.com.
Cisco Events and Activities at ITU Telecom World:
- John Chambers, along with representatives from the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), International Maritime Organization (IMO), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), as well as the Secretary of State for Telecommunications and the Information Society, Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Trade, Spain, and others, will participate in an Official Joint Forum Opening Panel to discuss the future of Internet and Communication Technology (ICT). The discussion will take place on Monday, October 5, from 14:30 - 15:30 CET, at the Geneva Palexpo Conference Centre, Rooms A, B and C.
- ITU attendees can join Cisco's executive team during several additional speaking engagements at the show. To view a complete list of Cisco ITU speakers, click on ITU Telecom World Cisco Speakers.
- A wide range of technology and solutions based on the Cisco heritage of thought leadership and market innovation will be demonstrated at ITU Telecom World show. Cisco interactive demonstrations will include: Video, Mobility, Routing and Switching and Unified Service Delivery.
- Reporters, bloggers and analysts interested in scheduling a demonstration can contact CiscoSP@Text100.com.
Supporting Resources :
- Read News@Cisco feature article "Broadband to Bring Big Changes to Africa"
- Check out Cisco's ITU News and Activates.
- Keep up with Cisco's news by visiting the company's Platform Blog.
- For more information about Cisco's service provider news and activities visit SP360 or Twitter @CiscoSP360.
- Subscribe to Cisco's SP360 Feed.
- Subscribe to Cisco's RSS Feed.
Cisco, Cisco Service Provider, Cisco Service Provider Business Group, Cisco Service Provider, Connected Life, International Telecommunication Union, ITU, John Chambers, Medianet, Mobility, Network Platform, Routing and Switching, , TelePresence, Unified Service Delivery, Mobile Internet, Video, Cisco Visual Networking Index, VNI, IP Next Generation Network, IPNGN, Connected Life.