SAN JOSE, Calif., May 28, 2009 - Cisco today announced that it will offer each product in the Cisco® 360 Learning Program for Routing and Switching (R&S) for sale individually, increasing flexibility and convenience for individual participants.
Cisco 360 Learning Program Purchase Options
- Students now have expanded options in obtaining the program conveniently in a modular fashion or via one of the existing value-based packages.
- Individual products priced from US$250 to US$600 may be purchased through one of the more than 20 authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide who are available to recommend and implement a personalized curriculum for network engineers to attain expert-level status.
- Whether students purchase the products individually or in a package, they will have the benefits of the Learning Management System, Learning Partner services and Cisco's global 24x7 support team.
Proven Expert Network Engineer Training
- The Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE® R&S certification consists of multiple learning products and services available globally. Students can select the most appropriate learning path whether it is limited to self-paced lessons online; combined with live instructor-led training; structured with self-study, practice, mentoring and group collaboration, or condensed to intensive practical assessments.
- The Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE R&S is supported with more than 400 hours of instructional material that has been tested and proven through a global pilot program of networking engineers from the Cisco Technical Assistance Center, Cisco channel partners, and enterprise customers. Their assistance was designed to increase absorption of the knowledge needed by today's expert network engineers to perform at consistently high levels on the job.
- There are more than 26 individual products in the CCIE R&S portfolio totaling some 558 hours.
Alignment with Version 4.0
- The Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE R&S aligns to the recently revised CCIE R&S certification.
- "Training network engineering experts cannot be done with just any instructor or IT training vendor," said Andres Sintes, global director, worldwide learning partner channels for Cisco. "This is the graduate school of network engineering. At this level, expert instructors in network engineering are needed, in addition to high levels of training services, first-rate facilities, and local support for language and timely responses. The learning partners who are accredited to train CCIE level students are without a doubt the top in this field."
- "The Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE R&S consists of multiple learning products and services designed to be blended to constitute an individual's learning program," said Fred Weiller, director of marketing for Learning@Cisco. "Each student is different in preference, skill and resources. Therefore, for students who need the ultimate flexibility, they have the convenience to obtain and participate in the Cisco 360 Learning Program one item at a time, independent and exclusive of other Cisco 360 Learning Program for R&S offerings."
Videos and PDFs:
- Persio Pucci comments on obtaining his CCIE R&S certification.
- Terry Slattery, CCIE #1026, reminisces on his experience of becoming recognized as an expert network engineer, the origins of the CCIE program, and the value of pursuing such a prestigious credential.
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, general manager for Learning@Cisco, discusses the Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE Routing and Switching in a new video blog.
- How Valeriu Filipescu of Romania recognized he needed CCIE certification and how he took advantage of the Cisco's training program to attain it.
- Denise Donahue attained her CCIE certification the hard way; however, understanding the value it provides to her organization, she gives back to her colleagues by using the tools in the Cisco 360 Learning Program to teach them the skills to be experts.
- Cisco Learning Network: http://www.ciscolearningnetwork.com
- Cisco Learning Partners: https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-4454
- Cisco 360 Learning Program Solution Overview: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_cisco_360.html
- CCIE R&S Certification: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/rs/index.html
Social Media Destinations:
- Friendfeed: www.friendfeed.com/learningatcisco
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Digg: http://www.digg.com/users/learningatcisco
- Del.i.cious: http://delicious.com/learningatcisco
- Google Reader: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/07543131729020791635
Cisco, Certification, Cisco 360, Cisco 360 Learning Program, CCIE, CCIE R&S, R&S, expert training, networking training, Internetwork expert, IP, expert, network engineering, WW Channel Partner training, learning partners,