Israeli cable operator to support advanced video services for contribution marketJune 14, 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel and ANGA, Germany – 14 June 2012 – Cisco today announced that it has been selected by Israeli service provider HOT to provide networked video technology to enable new video services and applications. HOT will deploy the Cisco® Digital Content Manager IP Video Gateway (DCMG), part of the Cisco Videoscape™ architecture, to enable non-compressed and JPEG2000 compressed video transport to a variety of customers in the media and broadcast industries, as well as to sports stadiums and satellite service providers.
- HOT Business Service is an end-to-end Internet Protocol (IP) network designed to deliver business critical technologies to broadcasters and studios, as the demand for content accelerates and high definition (HD) video becomes more widely adopted.
- Cisco DCMG is a compact Serial Digital Interface (SDI) video gateway platform that can support full-quality delivery of multiple video signals. It is a key component of the HOT Business Service due to its high video quality, flexibility, redundancy, availability and network efficiency.
- As a cable operator specializing in video and content distribution, HOT must prepare its network to meet the changing requirements of these video centric customers.
- Previously, HOT used to provide mainly analogue and standard definition video service to its customers. To help its business adapt to the rapid growth of HD video, an advanced DCMG solution was deployed for SD and HD video contribution and distribution. This system is connected to the HOT business network-wide monitoring systems in order to provide quick responses in case of failure and to help ensure top quality service to their customers.
- To date, HOT has deployed the Cisco solution at over 30 locations with both point-to-point and point-to-multi-point architectures in a redundant and in a non-redundant configuration. The video contribution solution was integrated by Cisco partner Bluebird ltd.
Yanir Saraga, director of engineering, HOT, commented:
"Our collaboration with Cisco and the introduction of Cisco's Digital Content Manager IP Video Gateway to our network provides HOT with the ability to offer more advanced video services to our business customers."
Paolo Campoli, CTO and head of service provider architectures, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia, Cisco, commented:
"We are delighted to be working with HOT to help their business adapt to the changing needs of their customers' contribution networks. IP is fast becoming the network of choice for video contribution and distribution, and Cisco's expertise uniquely positions us to assist HOT in offering broadcasters more choices for optimal video transmission anytime, anywhere."
- Cisco Videoscape for Service Providers http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns1043/networking_solutions_market_segment_solution.html
- Cisco solutions for Cable Operators: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns522/networking_solutions_market_segment_solution.html#~overview
- Cisco Digital Content Manager IP Video Gateway Factsheet: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/video/ps9159/ps9195/ps9828/7018133.pdf
Cisco, Service Provider, Israel, DCM IP Video Gateway, DCMG, High Definition, IP, Cable Operator, Videoscape
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
HOT, the leading communication company in Israel, offers its customers various communication solutions including multi-channel television services, fast internet infrastructure and linear telephone services. HOT offers a variety of innovative services and products: ultra fast internet infrastructure with a speed up to 100 Mega Bit, up-to-date television services including VOD, Start Over, and HD broadcast, all that for the most advantageous prices in Israel. Every year, a total of 1.3 million households in Israel subscribe to HOT communication services.dddddddddddddd
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.