SAN JOSE, Calif., -- June 4, 2012 – On Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. PDT, Cisco will host a public webcast in which attendees will hear from Cisco, Verizon Wireless and Vodafone Germany executives and industry analysts on the mobile Internet transformation upon us, as well as several advancements in mobile networking that will together enable the "new normal" in communications, which is fueled by:
- Dramatic growth of mobile lifestyle devices – consumers are buying sophisticated and powerful Internet-enabled devices for use at home, on the road, and at work given the bring-your-own-device or BYOD movement.
- Increased usage of next-generation applications – explosive growth in applications by users, always-on applications and those that continually interact with the network.
- Rise of the "Internet of things" – also known as machine-to-machine or M2M, whereby machines like smart meters and sensors use the mobile network.
Cisco and leading global service providers will discuss an advanced mobile architecture that gives service providers the unique ability to seamlessly adjust to multiple network conditions and usage patterns, resulting in significantly improved network economics and superior user experiences.
- Kelly Ahuja, senior vice president and general manager, Mobile Internet Technology Group, Cisco
- Doug Webster, vice president, global service provider marketing, Cisco
- Executives from Verizon Wireless, Vodafone Germany and other industry thought leaders
When: 8:00 a.m. (PDT), Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Where: Register today by clicking on the following hyperlink.
Webcast on Tuesday, June 5
San Francisco - 8:00 a.m. (PDT)
New York - 11:00 a.m. (EDT)
London - 4:00 p.m. (GMT)
Greater Europe - 5:00 p.m. (CET)
Webcast on Wednesday, June 6
New Delhi - 10:30 a.m. (DST)
Beijing - 1:00 p.m. (CST)
Tokyo - 2:00 p.m. (JST)
Sydney - 3:00 p.m. (EST)
- Cisco will also host a webcast for investors and other interested parties at 1 p.m. (PDT), Tuesday, June 5, 2012. Please refer to our advisory "Cisco to Host Webcast: Mobile Internet Technology Strategy for Service Providers" or log onto investor.cisco.com.
- Watch this YouTube video: "History's Greatest Mysteries Traced to Mobile Network Issues"
Cisco, Mobile Internet, Mobile Data, Mobile Video, Routing, Service Providers, Kelly Ahuja, Doug Webster, Verizon Wireless and Vodafone Germany
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.