SAN JOSE, Calif.— February 13, 2012 — Cisco today announced that the company will resell VMware View™ 5 software as part of an integrated desktop virtualization solution that is based on Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) to simplify the secure and scalable deployment of virtual desktops across the enterprise. As part of the companies' ongoing technology collaboration to deliver a rich experience for end users, the integrated desktop virtualization solution is one of the core module of Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI) that delivers a complete virtual workspace by unifying virtual desktops, voice and video to enable an exceptionally flexible, secure work environment and uncompromised user experience.
Key Facts / Highlights:
Cisco and VMware Help Accelerate Virtual Desktop Deployments
- The Cisco UCS and VMware View integrated desktop virtualization solution provides customers with:
o Simplified physical and virtual infrastructure and management associated with virtual desktop deployments, providing an excellent user experience, coupled with a foundation optimized for performance and availability.
o A streamlined operational model that enables the deployment of virtual desktops to users in minutes.
o A lower cost per seat realized through greater hosted desktop density, fewer components to purchase and manage, and reduced storage costs.
o Scalability to meet customers' business needs and regulatory requirements, while reducing risk and total cost of ownership (TCO).
o Consistent security policy implementation and administration through UCS Manager and VMware View integration.
o Consistent access to the desktop environment across locations and devices, with exceptional application responsiveness and graphics performance.
- Cisco VXI builds on Cisco's network-based architectures from Collaboration to Borderless Networks to the Unified Data Center, combined with services and support to deliver a comprehensive virtual workspace solution that simplifies deployment, reduces overall costs and minimizes implementation risk.
- By the end of the first quarter of 2012, distributors, channel partners and customers will be able to purchase Cisco and VMware integrated virtual desktop solutions directly from Cisco.
- Cisco is also introducing new channel enablement resources, such as playbooks and tool kits, to help channel partners to accelerate their customers' journey to the cloud.
- Through this agreement, customers can take advantage of Cisco Capital financing offerings when purchasing the integrated Cisco and VMware desktop virtualization solution which can reduce capital expenditures and spread out the cost.
Phil Sherburne, vice president of Enterprise Systems and Architectures for Cisco
"This solution combines the innovation of Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) with VMware View™ to help our customers quickly benefit from the operational savings of desktop virtualization. By Cisco reselling VMware View, we are simplifying and accelerating the purchasing process to meet the demands for Cisco and VMware integrated desktop virtualization solutions."
Vittorio Viarengo, vice president, End-User Computing, VMware
"We are thrilled to see strong customer adoption of VMware View™ with Cisco solutions across businesses of all sizes. VMware View continues to be a simple and very cost effective desktop virtualization solution running on VMware vSphere®. With View 5, we delivered WAN bandwidth enhancements, advanced 3-D graphics and scalable unified communications. This resell agreement with Cisco and new channel enablement resources can help our partners and customers accelerate their virtualization and cloud journey, and deliver highly secure, centrally managed virtual desktops with advanced multimedia capabilities."
- Cisco and VMware desktop virtualization solution
- Cisco Validated Designs
- Cisco VXI
- Cisco Unified Computing
- Cisco blogs: Cisco Data Center Networks; The Platform, Channels
- VMware View 5
- Cisco VXI with VMware View Partner Playbook, available at Cisco Partner Central website.
- Channel demand generation for VXI is available on www.thepartnergrid.com
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, Cisco Unified Computing System are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. This document is Cisco Public Information.
VMware, VMware View and VMware vSphere are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.