DOHA, Qatar- 18, December, 2011: Qtel recently unveiled the first public Cisco TelePresence® suite in Qatar located within the five-star Sheraton Doha Resort & Convention Hotel.
The result of a collaboration between Tata Communications and Cisco, the pay-per-hour telepresence meeting suite provides participants a life-sized, high-definition and immersive virtual experience that emulates an in-person meeting.
The new telepresence facility will be available for hire 24 hours a day, and the solution will enable local business people in Qatar to virtually connect with partners, customers and colleagues across the world.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Delivering a live, immersive, face-to-face experience, Qtel's Telepresence Suite allows customers to conduct meetings around the world from the comfort of the Sheraton Doha. The new state-of-the-art suite, the first in Qatar that is open to the public, sees Qtel Business Solutions work with Cisco and Tata Communications, to develop a specially designed telepresence solution for Qatari businesses that need to connect with the world.
- The new service will link Qatar to any public or private telepresence rooms within the Tata Communications Global Meeting Exchange network, one of the broadest and widest-reaching telepresence networks available today. The room will also be a gateway to Tata Communications' public room telepresence network, which spans 36 rooms across five continents. This network reach makes telepresence a truly global communication tool.
- The Qtel Telepresence Suite at the Sheraton Doha will be located on the ground floor alongside the exclusive business facilities. An hourly rate of QR2200 will be charged for full use of the service and can be booked via Qtel or the Sheraton business service.
Eng. Khalid Al Mansouri, executive director, Business Solutions, Qtel
"The launch of the first telepresence services within Qatar means we are able to meet the growing demands of businesses. The economy here is growing rapidly and it's vital that critical decisions can be made quickly and efficiently. The Qtel Telepresence Suite, in the heart of Qatar's business district, will ensure that the multinational business community can fully connect and communicate with colleagues, customers and partners around the world."
Tarek Ghoul, director and general manager, Cisco Gulf, Levant and Pakistan
"The potential of video to change the way we do business is significant. We believe that introducing such a revolutionary service in the Qatari market and collaborating with Qtel, Tata Communications and Sheraton Doha demonstrates the power of video and is a highly successful accomplishment for Cisco in the Gulf region."
Steven Kalczynski, general manager, Sheraton Doha
"We are continually pursuing the latest innovation that will enhance the experiences of our business customers. The installation of the new telepresence facility is in direct response to increasing demand to incorporate technology and business services into our new meeting offerings for the next generation of business traveller."
Radwan Moussalli, managing director, Middle East and North Africa, Tata Communications
"TelePresence is a game-changing technology for businesses, and our global strategy has always been to make the technology accessible to as many firms as possible through our extensive global telepresence network. We are delighted to be able to provide Qatar businesses with access to a global ecosystem through our extensive telepresence network – the largest in the world."
- For details about public Cisco TelePresence visit: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns669/public_telepresence.html
- RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
- Emerging Markets RSS Feed: http://newsroom.cisco.com/data/syndication/rss2/EmergingMarkets.xml
- Middle East News: http://newsroom.cisco.com/me
Qatar Telecom (Qtel) provides both fixed and mobile telecommunications services in the state of Qatar and has a presence in 17 countries. We are committed to expansion both in the MENA region and South East Asia. Our vision is to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
About Tata Communications
Tata Communications is a leading global provider of a new world of communications. With a leadership position in emerging markets, Tata Communications leverages its advanced solutions capabilities and domain expertise across its global and pan-India network to deliver managed solutions to multi-national enterprises, service providers and Indian consumers.
The Tata Global Network includes one of the most advanced and largest submarine cable networks, a Tier-1 IP network, with connectivity to more than 200 countries across 400 PoPs, and nearly 1 million square feet of data center and collocation space worldwide.
Tata Communications' depth and breadth of reach in emerging markets includes leadership in Indian enterprise data services, leadership in global international voice, and strategic investments in operators in South Africa (Neotel), Sri Lanka (Tata Communications Lanka Limited), and Nepal (United Telecom Limited).
Tata Communications Limited is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India and its ADRs are listed on the New York Stock Exchange. (NYSE: TCL) www.tatacommunications.com
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.Cisco equipment in emerging markets is provided by Cisco Systems International B.V. and Cisco International Limited, wholly owned subsidiaries of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.