Cisco OnPlus cloud-based service provides VARs with a simple and affordable way to proactively manage small business networks anytime, anywhereDecember 14, 2011
SAN JOSE, Calif. – December 13, 2011– Expanding on its commitment to enabling the success of its small business partners, Cisco today announced a new cloud-based service called OnPlus™ that offers channel partners a way to easily and affordably provide network assessment, management and advisory services to their small business customers. By enabling value added resellers (VARs) to quickly create or expand their managed services practice, OnPlus helps to evolve the customer relationship from reactive and tactical, to more proactive and strategic.
Today's small business announcement builds on Cisco's Partner Led sales model designed to elevate channel partners' ability to drive sales in the fast-growing small business and mid-market segments. Earlier this year, Cisco announced it will invest $75 million in its Partner Led initiative throughout 2012, for enablement, systems and support capabilities to help channel partners profitably grow their business.
Cisco OnPlus Service Highlights
- Designed for VARs that are looking to create or expand their managed service offerings; OnPlus provides remote visibility of the network and the devices attached to the network.
- Through an affordable, reliable, and scalable cloud-based service, Cisco OnPlus helps VARs to quickly and easily deploy advanced network services for their small business customers from anywhere at any time.
- To monitor a customer network, VARs simply plug the small OnPlus Network Agent appliance into a switch or router on their customer's network. The OnPlus Agent then transmits information about the customer's network to a highly secure data center for access by the VAR.
- In addition to discovery and monitoring of anything with an IP address from any supplier, OnPlus enables remote connectivity to manageable network devices to facilitate troubleshooting and configuration. For select Cisco devices, OnPlus provides enhanced capabilities that automate typical administrative tasks.
- The network-centric capability of OnPlus complements existing classes of managed services tools such as Remote Monitoring and Management and Professional Services Automation.
Partner and Customer Benefits
- Increased efficiency: The task automation offered by OnPlus enables VARs to service more customers without the need for a larger technical staff.
- Peace of mind: OnPlus also enables VARs to build and grow their managed service practice with confidence through a reliable cloud-service backed by Cisco. By entrusting VARs to provide IT managed services, customers can enjoy peace of mind in knowing that a trusted expert is there to keep their business running.
- Focus on growth: When small businesses have the peace of mind that the technology that runs their day-to-day activities is being monitored and backed by experts, they can dedicate more of their time, attention and agility to serving their customers and growing their business.
- Andrew Sage, vice president World Wide Partner Led, Cisco: "The role of VARs is rapidly shifting to a service oriented business. Cisco is reinforcing our commitment to small business partners by enabling them to quickly create and expand their offerings in network management and advisory services. A service such as OnPlus facilitates incremental revenue and helps them preserve profitability through increased efficiency and responsiveness."
- Ben Johnson, president, Liberty Technology; Cisco certified partner: "Liberty Technology focuses on making technology easy for both consumers and businesses. With Cisco OnPlus, you're able to get a more complete, 360 degree picture of your customer's network. We've used OnPlus in a number of scenarios from doing network surveys to quickly troubleshooting and identifying problems with customer's networks, which has greatly saved us time and of course money."
- Dan Wensley, vice president, Partner Development and Marketing, Level Platforms: "Level Platforms provides a comprehensive remote monitoring, management and automation management platform utilized by thousands of managed IT services providers. Our integration with Cisco's OnPlus service equips MSP's with a unique service bringing additional benefits for our partners and their customers.
Product Pricing and Availability
- Cisco OnPlus Service is offered at a list price of $250, which includes a three-year subscription to the OnPlus Service and an OnPlus Network Agent appliance. A separate appliance and subscription service is required for each network being managed.
- Native applications for Apple and Android mobile devices are available free of charge in the Apple App Store and the Android Market.
- Initially, Cisco OnPlus Service is available to resellers in North America through Distribution with expansion to other countries and regions planned.
- For a limited time, Cisco has a special introductory offer to help VARs get started with the OnPlus service. Partners can contact their Cisco Channel Sales representative for complete details.
- Find out more about Cisco OnPlus Service
- Visit Cisco Small Business website
- Visit Cisco Partner Central website
- Visit the Cisco Channels blog
Technorati Tags: Cisco Small Business, Cisco SMB, SMB, small businesses, medium-sized businesses, partner enablement, partner solutions, Cisco small business partners, partner programs, partner initiatives, network, managed services, managed service providers, Cloud, cloud services, remote access, OnPlus
About Cisco Systems
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.