February 22, 2011
Cisco will exhibit at the Las Vegas Convention Center' Digital Signage Expo on Feb. 22-25. Demonstrating its leading network-based signage solutions, Cisco will highlight its latest product innovations emphasizing the rapidly evolving capabilities for displaying dynamic live streaming and on-demand video, motion graphics and more.
"Digital signage is a Cisco business that continues to experience rapid growth, and an important market as we drive our vision and strategy around making video and dynamic digital content the next great form of communication across the enterprise, schools, retail outlets and beyond," said Janice Litvinoff, general manager, Cisco Digital Media Systems business unit. "This year at DSE 2011, we are excited to showcase how the power of the network can take signage to new heights with extensive scalability and flexibility, bold and creative content, and more."
Show attendees visiting booth #1310 will have the opportunity to experience Cisco' broad range of digital signage technology. These include:
- Video everywhere Cisco will be showcasing an expanded line of professional-grade high-definition LCD models in 42-, 47- and 55-inch sizes, rounding out its portfolio and providing customers with more options. These new displays will also be featured on a video wall in Cisco' booth.
- Robust scalability Announced in October 2010, the Cisco Digital Media Player 4310 automatically configures to the signage network at setup. The player also combines network-based scalable technology with Adobe Flash, creating the ultimate canvas for digital signage content. Flash and video content will be remotely managed via an iPod interface that highlights the capabilities of the DMP 4310.
- In addition, technology from Cisco and its partners will be on display at the booth. Those are:
- Array Interactive Cisco Digital Signs will be enabled with a touch screen application and integrated with a Cisco TelePresence endpoint to tap into "speak to a live expert" as a virtual expert on-demand solution.
- Cisco Nexus® On-Demand AppSpace and Cisco' Digital Media Suite will allow flexible and easy content updates and publishing to digital media applications. AppSpace will highlight different banking and financial-services industry applications and concepts via a Cisco Digital Media Player 4400 and a Cisco LCD Professional Series 40-inch display.
- Industry Weapon Controlled by an iPad interface, Industry Weapon will showcase how Cisco' interactive signage can be used to engage passersby. Guests will receive coupons & offers, from the digital sign and will be able to redeem the promotions on a mobile device.
- For more information about Cisco DSE news, see press release, "Cisco Reaches 3,000-Customer Milestone in Digital Signage."
AWARD CEREMONY/PANEL DISCUSSIONS:
In addition to product demonstrations, several other activities will be taking place throughout the course of the show, including:
- The 2011 DSE Apex Awards On Wednesday, Feb. 23, from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Paris Hotel, the Digital Signage Expo will reveal the winners of the Apex Awards. The Apex Awards celebrate innovation in the development and deployment of technology in the global digital out of home sector. Cisco and the following Cisco customers are finalists:
- JW Marriott Marquis Miami, Hospitality Category
- NASDAQ, Business Industry & Government Category
- New Meadowlands, Event Venues Category
- West Texas A&M University, Education and Healthcare Category
- "Digital Placed-Based Advertising: Bridging the Gap in Audience Demographics and Measurement" On Wednesday, Feb. 23 from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., join Cisco' Brian Carnell, manager of marketing and advertising product strategy, for his "lunch and learn" session about emerging tools, methodologies and standards that will close the gap between traditional and digital advertising audience measurement.
- "Creating the Right Visual Experience" On Thursday, Feb. 24 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., join Cisco' Dos Dosanjh customer solution manager, Digital Media Creative Services, for a session about a digital signage approach that addresses the business logic, content strategies and creative design mapped to the underlying platform.
Janice Litvinoff, general manager, Cisco Digital Media Systems business unit is available for meetings by appointment.
Feb. 22-25, 2011
The Digital Signage Expo is taking place at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada. For on-site requests or other media inquiries, please contact Star Meza at firstname.lastname@example.org, (408) 398-1258.