SAN JOSE, Calif. June 9, 2010 To help small businesses respond to the dramatic growth of electronic information and meet their evolving storage needs, Cisco today announced the launch of Cisco Smart Storage, a family of affordable, easy-to-use desktop network storage solutions with integrated business applications. Cisco Small Business NSS 300 Series Smart Storage provides end users with an integrated, highly secure method to store and share critical business data. Designed specifically for small businesses with fewer than 100 employees, Cisco Smart Storage further highlights Cisco's focus on delivering the affordable, easy-to-use technology small businesses need to drive productivity and growth.
KEY FACTS / HIGHLIGHTS:
Broad Technology Portfolio: With the addition of a new family of desktop network storage devices, Cisco has expanded the industry's broadest portfolio of solutions to help small businesses connect, secure and communicate.
- Cisco Small Business NSS 300 Series Smart Storage: The new family consists of two-bay, four-bay and six-bay desktop network storage units and provides small business users with a single storage solution with integrated business applications.
- High performance: The network attached storage device provides an efficient and manageable way to centralize, protect and share information. Cisco Smart Storage delivers class-leading performance, speeding backup and facilitating information sharing. The devices can provide up to 12 terabytes of capacity with 2 terabytes drives. Higher capacities can be achievable as larger disk drive capacities are qualified.
- Integrated business applications: Cisco Smart Storage extends usage beyond storage with built-in applications and the ability to add new applications in the future. Built-in applications include a user-configurable Web server with an integrated WordPress publishing platform, and built-in servers help simplify user authentication and management of the network.
- Security: Security measures on Cisco Smart Storage deliver highly secure remote and Web access while helping preventing unauthorized access. On-disk data encryption helps protect critical business data even if the hard drives are stolen, a business-class feature that most small business storage solutions do not provide.
- Simplified configuration and management: Cisco Smart Storage devices can be set up in minutes and are easy to configure and manage with a straightforward browser-based interface.
- Flexibility: Cisco Smart Storage supports file sharing across all popular operating systems or can be configured as an iSCSI target for virtualized and clustered environments.
- Energy-efficient operation: The storage devices allow small businesses to schedule power on/off according to working hours. It also conserves power with an Energy Star V-rated power adapter and hard disk drives that spin down on inactivity.
Partner Profitability: Cisco continues to invest in helping its small business partners create opportunities to increase their profits, compete more effectively, and build profitable, sustainable small business practices.
- The Cisco Smart Storage Family provides partners with an opportunity to wrap professional services around the deployment of business applications while delivering additional value to customers.
- Simplified configuration and management helps partners serve their customers faster and more efficiently. Cisco Smart Designs provide network design and implementation best practices to further boost partner efficiency and profitability.
- Cisco Partner Design Support offers partners additional assistance through access to a team of engineers focused on Cisco Small Business technology best practices.
Services and Support: Cisco is committed to offering unique services and support to help partners sell and deliver technology solutions that build customer loyalty.
- The Cisco Small Business Pro Service can be purchased with the Cisco Small Business NSS 300 Series Smart Storage. The Cisco Small Business Pro Service provides small businesses with three years of technical support, including:
- Software updates, online chat support 24 hours a day, next business-day hardware replacement as necessary, call support during local business hours and extended access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center.
Product Pricing and Availability
- Cisco Small Business NSS 300 Series Smart Storage list prices range from $913 to $5,625 USD, depending on the model. The solution is available worldwide.
- The Cisco Small Business Pro Service is $149 USD for most NSS 300 Series configurations.
- Ray Boggs, vice president, SMB Research, IDC:
- Ian Pennell, co-chair, Small Business Council, Cisco:
- Andrew Sage, vice president, Worldwide Small Business Sales, Cisco:
"Over half of small businesses expect their storage needs to increase in the next 12 months, and about a third of those expecting growth identify expanding storage capacity or improving storage management is one their top IT priorities."
"To help small businesses effectively manage the explosion of electronic information, we've built an innovative new family of storage solutions. The addition of these new devices further emphasizes Cisco's commitment to providing small businesses with affordable, easy-to-use technology they require to optimize productivity and drive growth."
"Partners are an essential ingredient in Cisco's small business strategy. To help Cisco small business partners hit the ground running with our network attached storage solution, we are making available the full suite of tools, training, support and profitability programs partners need to grow their business."
- Read the News@Cisco Feature: "The Importance of Network Storage for SMBs"
- Visit Cisco Small Business website
- Visit Cisco Small Business U.S. Spanish website
- Visit Cisco Partner Central website
- Become a fan of Cisco Small Business on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CiscoSmallBusiness
- Follow Cisco Small Business on Twitter @CiscoSmallBiz
- Visit the Cisco Small Business Innovators Forum, a community for small business owners
- Visit the Cisco Small Business Support Community
- Visit the Cisco blog, The Platform
- Visit the Cisco Channels blog
Cisco Small Business, Cisco Smart Storage, small business technology, Cisco Small Business Technology Group, Cisco Small Business Series, small business networking, small business services, small business storage, network storage, NAS, network-attached storage, data storage