SAN JOSE, Calif., February 23, 2009 - Cisco® today announced that you can now play in its tournament for EDGE QUEST 2, an online game featuring the Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers (ASR), with opportunities to win prizes over a two-week period. The Cisco ASR 9000 is part of the Cisco Internet Protocol Next-Generation Network (IP NGN) architecture, beginning on February 23.
- Cisco EDGE QUEST 2 Tournament begins Monday, February 23 and runs through Friday, March 6, 2009. To enter, go to www.cisco.com/go/edgequest.
- Cisco EDGE QUEST 2 is an online game that is fast and fun. Players are encouraged to release the power of the Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers by maneuvering a craft through various levels in order to handle the increasing demands on IP networks. You will have the chance to defend yourself against network intruders, repair damaged packets while striving to maintain a 99.999 percent uptime. It is fast and fun, and the learning comes through playing.
- Play as many times as you want for a chance to win. Your top score may qualify you to win. Grand prize: US$500 gift card and a new Cisco Wireless Audio Home System. A first runner-up prize is a US$300 gift card. A second runner-up prize is a US$100 gift card. Prizes will be awarded to each week's top eligible scorers.
- For official terms and conditions for participation in the Cisco EDGE QUEST 2 Tournament, go to www.cisco.com/go/edgequest.
- Non-tournament versions of the Cisco EDGE QUEST 2 are also available on Facebook and a free mobile version is available for the iPhone via the iPhone Apps store.
- The Cisco EDGE QUEST 2 Tournament is sponsored by Cisco and is open to individuals eighteen (18) years old or older at time of entry and who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements in the terms and conditions.
- "The customer response to our first Cisco EDGE QUEST Tournament was so positive, with more than 40,000 players worldwide, that a tournament around Cisco EDGE QUEST 2 was easy to plan," said Doug Webster, senior director of service provider marketing for Cisco. "With Cisco EDGE QUEST, the player is not only learning about the extraordinary capabilities of the Cisco ASR 9000 Series router but is also able to experience them in an interactive way."
- "We've become a society where video and web 2.0 collaboration applications are shaping virtually all of the network experiences that we use throughout our daily lives," said Webster. "What we are attempting to do with the Cisco EDGE QUEST 2 Tournament is to showcase the innovative Cisco ASR 9000 Series router that is one of the many ways that Cisco is enabling those Connected Life experiences."
Tags / Keywords:
Cisco, Cisco EDGE QUEST 2 Tournament, EDGE QUEST, ASR, ASR 9000, router, routers, Doug Webster
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QspWe3Up_10
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/CiscoSP360
- EDGE QUEST: www.cisco.com/go/edgequest
- Facebook: http://apps.facebook.com/edgequesttwo
- Join our Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=8132918757
- Install the Edge Quest 2 Facebook game: http://apps.facebook.com/edgequesttwo
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Trackback URL: www.cisco.com/go/edgequest