WARSAW, Poland, July 14, 2011 – Cisco today announced that Polish Telecom (Telekomunikacja Polska, or TP Group), Poland's leading telecommunications provider, has selected Cisco Carrier Ethernet solutions for its Internet Protocol Next-Generation Network to meet the growing demand for video, mobile and cloud computing services.
This will provide the network infrastructure foundation for TP Group to deliver new revenue opportunities from hosted voice, video streaming, collaboration and premium cloud computing services (XaaS) while meeting its business objectives of reducing and optimizing total cost of ownership over the next five years.
Integral to supporting growth will be the deployment of the Cisco® CRS-3 Carrier Routing System and Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers for enhanced capacity, high resiliency and robust IPv6 support.
- TP Group is Poland's leading telecommunications provider, operating in all segments of the Polish telecom market, including fixed-line voice, data, television and mobile networks. France Telecom is a major shareholder of the group.
- TP Group is building its core and edge networks with Cisco's full range of value proposition, including industry thought leadership and the ability to migrate to new services along with professional services from Cisco.
- Key to TP Group's decision was the ability of the Cisco CRS-3 and Cisco ASR 9000 Series solutions to serve Internet traffic on the Internet Protocol / Multiprotocol Label Switching network. TP Group is estimating that Internet traffic will increase at 40 percent yearly on its networks.
- The Cisco CRS-3, including the Cisco Network Positioning System, is designed to enable TP Group to optimize its network resources, reduce costs and provide a better application experience by integrating the IP NGN infrastructure with cloud computing services. This helps the group to develop cloud-based offerings for its business customers.
- The Cisco ASR 9000 Series includes unique video capabilities such as high-performance multicast, integrated content caching using the Cisco Integrated Services Module, in-line video performance monitoring, and zero-loss video transport technology.
- The Cisco ASR 9000 and Cisco CRS-3 both utilize the modular Cisco IOS® XR Software operating system, simplifying network operations while enabling comprehensive system redundancy and network resiliency.
- Piotr Muszynski, vice president, TP Group
"At TP Group, we were looking for a next-generation technology solution that enables us to create new revenue opportunities, including video and cloud services, whilst at the same time contributing to optimizing capital utilization, minimizing operational expenses and streamlining IT operations. Cisco's value proposition, including the company's latest technology innovations, services support and thought leadership have helped us create a strong foundation for serving our customers way into the future."
- Surya Panditi, senior vice president and general manager, Core Routing Group, Cisco
"Service providers around the globe see the need to get prepared for the next Internet, including an increased demand for video, and Polish Telecom is no exception. TP Group's newly deployed infrastructure provides the network foundation for delivering a new array of video, collaboration and cloud computing services."
- TP Group
- Cisco Service Provider Solutions
- Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers
- Cisco ASR 9000 Series Integrated Services Module
- Cisco CRS Carrier Routing System
- Cisco Carrier Ethernet Solutions
- Read the complete Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) Forecast, 2010-2015
- For more information about Cisco's service provider news and activities visit the SP360 Blog or follow us on Twitter @SP360
Cisco, ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Service Routers, ASR 9000, ASR, CRS, Carrier Routing System, CRS-3, Carrier Ethernet, Edge, Internet Protocol Next-Generation Network, IP NGN, Polish Telecom, VisualNetworking Index Forecast, VNI,Telekomunikacja Polska, Surya Panditi
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
About TP Group
TP Group is Poland's leading telecommunication provider, operating in all segments of the Polish telecom market. As of 3Q 2010, TP Group had 14.1 million mobile customers, 6.6 million fixed voice customers, 2.3 million broadband users and 0.5 million TV subscribers. In 2009, the group achieved revenue of PLN 16.5 billion, EBITDA margin at 37.9% and net free cash flows of PLN 3.2 billion. TP Group owns the largest technical infrastructure in Poland supporting key operations.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.