June 10, 2008
Highlights / Key Facts:
- Cisco will accelerate the delivery of video applications - from digital signage and IP video surveillance to collaborative desktop video and telepresence - by using the network as the platform to simplify the development, deployment, management and use of business video.
- Cisco has introduced a new Media Ready Network Program that will provide IT organizations with best practices, architecture guidelines and validated designs for deploying video technologies across different network topologies.
- Cisco has expanded its Digital Media System, an integrated platform for delivering desktop video and digital signage applications, to include a new application for delivering Enterprise TV, a new Digital Media Player, and expanded features and functionality to the existing suite of products.
- Cisco has integrated video surveillance network modules into the Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR), converging physical security over an IP network.
Tags / Keywords:
Cisco, Video, TelePresence, Digital Media, Digital Signage, Video Surveillance, Physical Security, Desktop Video, Video Conferencing, WebEx, Unified Communications
Links / URLs:
- Webcast: http://www.cisco.com/offer/bvdwebcast/163534_4
- Press Kit: http://newsroom.cisco.com/businessvideo/
- The Platform Blog: http://blogs.cisco.com/news/
- Product Announcements:
- Executive Q&A: Video Ready for Prime Time Business Communications
- Product and Solutions: http://www.cisco.com/go/businessvideo
- Overview of the Cisco Digital Media System
- Cisco TelePresence Goes Global
- Video Surveillance for the ISR
- Twitter: CiscoBizVideo
- "As the web evolves from an information to an interactive environment, video is emerging as the next great frontier of communication and collaboration," said Marthin De Beer, senior vice president of Cisco's Emerging Technologies Group. "Cisco has already driven a tremendous amount of innovation in the market through the development of telepresence technology, digital media, desktop video and video surveillance. We're just beginning to scratch the surface of how visual networking will define the next phase of the Internet."
News@Cisco RSS Feed: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Date/Time Stamp: June 10, 2008, 5:00 a.m. PDT
Shortcut URL: http://www.cisco.com/go/businessvideo