SAN JOSE, Calif., June 5, 2018– Cisco today unveiled the Cisco® Cloud-Native Broadband Router, offering cable operators a new approach to support core broadband routing functions and simplify network operations.
A cloud- and IP-based cable network offers the potential to launch new services in a fraction of the time it takes today, while using resources more efficiently.
It helps to reduce scaling issues associated with traditional hardware, and it minimizes requirements for space, power, cooling, and on-site maintenance.
Enter Cisco Cloud-Native Broadband Router
The Cisco Cloud-Native Broadband Router is a containerized, full software rewrite of converged cable access platform (CCAP) services, built as a set of microservices using standard tools such as Kubernetes for container orchestration and Docker for creating, deploying, and operating containerized applications.
- Composable:Designed from the ground up as a composition of multiple services that are elastic, resilient, and flexible to support multicloud architectures
- Containerized software architecture:Open standards–based, modular software for rapid and agile feature development and deployment
- Automation and analytics:Ready to transform network operations with real-time monitoring, analysis, and remediation, including Cisco Crosswork Network Automation
"Taking the next step by disaggregating software from hardware and deploying software-based CCAP services is an opportunity for operators to embrace DevOps and to improve speed to market for new services," saidSean Welch, vice president and general manager, Cable Access Business Unit, Cisco."Cisco is uniquely positioned to help operators make the entire network transition to IP and cloud as seamless, secure, and automated as possible."
Cisco is leading the disruption in the industry with its technology innovations in systems; silicon; software and security; and unrivalled expertise in mass-scale networking, automation, optical, optics, cable access, video, multicloud, and mobility. Combining these capabilities with Cisco's portfolio of go-to-market security, collaboration, IoT, and professional services, we enable service providers and media and web companies to reduce cost and complexity, help secure their networks, and grow revenue.
- Cisco Cloud-Native Broadband Router
- Cisco Cable Access Solutions
- Cisco Crosswork Network Automation
- For more information about Cisco service provider news and activities, visit the SP360 blog or follow us on Twitter @CiscoSP360
- Follow us on ourLinkedIn pagefor targeted updates and announcements
- Subscribe toCisco's SP360 feed
RSS feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.