Expanded Portfolio Accelerates Business Transformation by Addressing Critical Talent NeedsSeptember 19, 2017
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Sept. 19, 2017 – Cisco today announced it is expanding its learning portfolio with new business architecture training and certifications designed to accelerate the pace of business transformation, innovation and growth. Providing professionals with the latest skills, tools and best practices enables them to build and strengthen the bridge between technology solutions and business needs. These new offerings mark the second recent addition to Cisco’s business transformation-focused learning portfolio.
According to a recent analyst report, only about 15 percent of organizations feel they have the right talent in place for digital transformation. Cisco is addressing this skill gap by expanding its training, certification and enablement programs. Three new specialist certifications and related training courses have been designed to progressively build and validate expertise in business architecture:
- Cisco Business Architecture Analyst Certification
- Equips professionals with a general awareness of business architecture principles and provides a methodology for uncovering a company’s business goals. These desired outcomes could then be bridged to the technology solutions required to achieve them, thus building credibility and rapport with customers or key internal stakeholders.
- Cisco Business Architecture Specialist Certification
- Builds on the foundational skills and knowledge assessed at the Analyst level with a focus on change management and the creation of a customized transformation roadmap.
- Cisco Business Architecture Practitioner Certification
- Expands upon the Specialist level by validating a candidate’s mastery in leveraging tools, methodologies and best practices to bridge IT solutions with the organization’s business goals. Participants will be assessed for their ability to create and map the customer engagement journey to deliver tangible business outcomes and value.
Training courses supporting each of these certifications, respectively, include:
- Adopting the Cisco Business Architecture Approach
- Applying Cisco Business Architecture Techniques
- Mastering the Cisco Business Architecture Discipline
These new offerings broaden Cisco’s Business Transformation portfolio initiatives, launched in April 2017, with the introduction of the Customer Success Manager certification. Cisco continues to develop a pipeline of additional training and certifications that will further advance skills in this area.
Tejas Vashi, senior director, product strategy and marketing, Cisco Services:
“As Cisco helps customers transform their businesses, we’re leveraging our expertise and leadership to address both technology and talent concerns across the industry. Understanding business architecture is key as business transformation continues, because successful organizations will increasingly rely on professionals who can foster flexibility and cross-functional collaboration to deliver optimal business outcomes.”
- For more detailed information, including exam topics, please visit:
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cisco-Career-Certifications/111552132193668
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3443017
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cisco
- RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984. Our people, products, and partners help society securely connect and seize tomorrow’s digital opportunity today. Discover more at newsroom.cisco.com and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems and Cisco IOS are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.