Cisco Showcases Expanded Technology Portfolio Featuring Powerful Virtualization and Automation Tools for Service Providers to Take Advantage of the Digitization OpportunityFebruary 22, 2016
BARCELONA – February 22, 2016 – This week at the GSMA Mobile World Congress, Cisco will showcase how it’s delivering on its strategy of helping service providers drive profitable business outcomes in today’s digital world and keep pace with an industry undergoing unprecedented change. Cisco’s announcements this week will highlight new technology innovations and the company’s commitment to helping service providers transform their businesses and architectures, and the experiences they deliver.
“The industry is at an inflection point where the Internet has evolved from connectivity, to immersive experiences, to digitization,” said Kelly Ahuja, senior vice president, service provider products and solutions, Cisco. “It is clear that service providers are essential in driving new and compelling digitization opportunities. Cisco is committed to enabling operators to keep pace with this rapid change and lead the next wave of innovation in 5G, cloud, and IoT.”
Attendees are invited to the Cisco booth, located at stand 3E30, Hall 3 in Fira Gran Via, during Mobile World Congress, to discuss the latest advancements to the Cisco service provider portfolio and view demonstrations of 5G network innovation, voice over Wi-Fi, virtualized radio access and more.
Ericsson and Cisco Announce New Joint Customer Engagements and Offerings
- Ericsson and Cisco today reported significant progress in all areas of their next-generation strategic partnership, announced in November 2015. The companies’ sales forces have successfully engaged with customers across all global regions on business deals spanning networking, mobility and cloud technologies, to IP transformation and managed services agreements, resulting in new and expanded businesses opportunities.
Cisco Simplifies, Automates, and Accelerates Mobile Cloud Services While Cutting Costs with Ultra Services Platform
- Cisco Ultra is a complete, virtualized, feature-rich, mobile services platform that helps mobile operators launch and deploy new services faster and more efficiently. The breakthrough innovation will allow Deutsche Telekom and SK Telecom to unify physical and virtual resources, enable agility, increase operational efficiency, and lower the cost to serve new markets
- Cisco Announces Collaboration with Ericsson and Intel to Develop Next-Generation 5G Router for Business and Residential Services, Verizon 5G Technology Forum
- Cisco announced that it will begin collaborating with Ericsson and Intel to develop and trial what is expected to be the industry’s first 5G (fifth generation mobile networks) router for business and residential services.
AT&T/Cisco Expand IoT Partnership
- AT&T and Cisco are expanding their partnership to combine powerful IoT tools and technologies that can help business more easily deploy and monetize IoT apps. This collaboration expands AT&T’s IoT relationship with Cisco beyond smart cities into asset management, transportation and retail.
Wi-Fi in the Moscow Metro — Best 2015 Rapid Transit Project in Russia’s Capital
According to the results of voting under the name of "The Main business of Moscow" in the framework of the "Active citizen" project, Wi-Fi network, built in the Moscow underground by SP MaximaTelecom with Cisco technology, was recognized as the best rapid transport project in Russia’s the capital in 2015. Such is the opinion of more than 37 percent of survey participants.
Cisco Mobile World Congress Product Demonstrations:
- Cisco Ultra Services Platform
- Ran Backhaul
- Virtualized Radio Access
- 5G Network Innovation
- Evolved Packet Core
- Voice Over Wi-Fi
- Integrated Policy Control
- Security Solutions
- Infinite Video Live
Cisco Speakers at Mobile World Congress 2016:
- Chuck Robbins, CEO, Cisco; “Mobile is Transforming Industries;” Wednesday, February 24, 9:15 a.m. (CET); Fira Gran Via, Barcelona, Hall 4, Auditorium 1
- Dave Ward, senior vice president of engineering, CTO & chief architect, Cisco; “Cisco and Ericsson Model-driven Technology Vision;” Tuesday, February 23, 3:00 p.m. (CET); Fira Gran Via, Barcelona, Hall 8, Auditorium 5
- Doug Webster, vice president, service provider marketing, Cisco; “Stadiums – Enhancing the Fan Experience;” Tuesday, February 23, 4:45 p.m. (CET); Fira Gran Via, Barcelona, Hall 4, Auditorium 5
- Mark Grayson, distinguished consulting engineer, Cisco; “Virtual small cells set the stage for 5G;” Tuesday, February 23, 1:50 p.m. (CET); Fira Gran Via, Barcelona, Hall 8, Theatre B
- Jose van Dijk, vice president, business operations, service provider, Cisco; “Women Leadership Accelerating the Digital Age;” Thursday, February 25, 10:00 a.m. (CET); Fira Gran Via, Barcelona, Hall 8, Theatre F
- Suraj Shetty, vice president and general manager, mobility solutions, Cisco; “Connecting the Home, ” Thursday, February 25, 2:15 p.m. (CET); Fira Gran Via, Barcelona, Hall 4, Auditorium 5
- Cisco newsroom
- Cisco SP360: Service Provider blog
- Information on Cisco’s Service Provider business
- Information on the Cisco Ultra Services Platform
- Read the complete Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update, 2015–2020 white paper
- For information about Cisco's service provider news and activities visit the SP360 Blog or follow us on Twitter @CiscoSPmobility
- The Platform: Cisco corporate blog
- Join our Mobile World Congress conversation at #ciscomwc
About Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.