MEXICO CITY, February 15, 2016 – Mexican media group Grupo Formula deployed a collaboration platform, based on Cisco® technology, that will help them to meet the new internal communications requirements due to the growth that they are experiencing in their operation.
The solutions, which include IP telephony based on Business Edition 6000, WebEx®, Jabber®, TelePresence™, and Aironet® series 26021 Access Points, will help Grupo Fórmula employees in all areas in the development of their daily work.
Grupo Fórmula is a Mexican media corporation with presence on radio, television and online. Its radio division, Radio Formula, has 40 radio concessions and through three national networks broadcasts in Mexico and the US placing them as leaders on news radio programming. Their division Sirius XMTM produces and operates a satellite radio channel with more than 22 million subscribers in the country. Its business on TV, Tele Formula is distributed through the cable and DTH systems nationwide. On Internet, Formula Online division is ranked as one of the 20 main sites visited in Mexico. As well they have PM ONSTREET, which is an outdoor advertising unit.
The solution, deployed by Cisco partner Intelligent Networks for Critical Business SA de CV, includes:
- IP Telephony services based on virtualized applications over a distributed cluster scheme for redundancy and availability using Business Edition 6000. Collaboration capabilities include voice, video, messaging, instant messaging and presence, and mobility, among others.
- Centralized management of voice and collaboration services.
- Advanced collaboration and mobility services such as Jabber, that offer presence, instant messaging (IM), voice, video, voice messaging, desktop sharing, and conferencing; TelePresence SX20, a flexible solution that can easily turn any flat panel display into a powerful telepresence system for small to medium-size meeting rooms; and WebEx Meeting Center, the industry-leading web and videoconferencing that helps people to easily meet, collaborate, and stay productive anywhere, anytime, on any device.
- A centralized wireless network based on Cisco Aironet series 26021 Access Points under an easy and secure environment.
- Oscar Aguirre Ayala, Technology Director, Grupo Fórmula
“The new collaboration platform we had deployed based on Cisco solutions will help the group to get new tools in their development of each one responsibilities due to the new possibilities they have to maintain communications using the network.”
- Rogelio Velasco, Vice President of Cisco México
“When the right collaboration tools are available, users can stay more connected with customers, colleagues and business partners. Cisco provides an integrated collaboration platform that empowers employees to reach new levels of productivity and innovation in a more connected work environment.”
About Grupo Fórmula
We are a Mexican company focused in the commercialization of media. Through Radio Fórmula we operate 40 concession radio stations, through Tele Fórmula a pay television channel, on Formula Online we manage digital platforms and street furniture through PM Onstreet.
Our mission is to be the best option as media reaching a continued leadership. Our vision is to be the leader on communications and marketing services, reinforcing our experience in the development of audiences and faithful communities, and at the same time we offer tangible results for our announcers. Our philosophy: We create relationships based in the congruence of our actions and grounded in our values that transcend time.
For more information please visit www.radioformula.com.mx
About Intelligent Networks for Critical Business SA de CV
We are a Cisco Partner Premier based in Mexico City. We sale, design, implement and management and maintenance of convergent and complex networks. We are certified in the main Cisco architectures: Business networks, security, collaboration, and data center. For more information please visit www.i-networks.com.mx
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.