BARCELONA, SPAIN – March 3, 2015 – At Mobile World Congress 2015, Cisco today announced that EE, the UK’s largest mobile network operator, is deploying Cisco small cells to support its growing base of enterprise customers. Cisco’s end-to-end small cell solutions will scale to be suitable for small, medium and large enterprise buildings.
Enterprises and their customers will benefit from a “five-bar” experience using standalone access points and a small cell solution that will support modules that plug into existing Cisco Wi-Fi access points. Installation is simple compared to traditional in-building systems, and cells will coordinate automatically to provide complete coverage that reaches every corner of the building.
“We have constantly sought to take innovative approaches to providing the best mobile network with the best coverage and the best experience, and that has been a major factor in driving our success with UK businesses,” said Rakesh Murria, Product Director at EE. “Cisco has a high-quality small cell solution that works with all sizes and shapes of enterprise buildings, and its leadership in networking makes it an ideal partner for our continued growth in this market.”
“We’re delighted to be working with EE on the new wave of enterprise small cell deployments,” said Scott Morrison, vice president and general manager of Cisco’s small cell business. “We are confident that our end-to-end solutions, which accommodate all building types with full Wi-Fi integration, will provide world-class support to EE and its customers well into the future.”
The newly released Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update, 2014–2019 projects nearly 10-fold global mobile data traffic growth over the next five years. Much of this growth will be indoors, which underscores the increasing importance of small cell technologies in many carriers’ mobile service delivery strategies.
Additional Supporting Resources
- Cisco Visual Networking Index home page
- Cisco Visual Networking Index Mobile Data Traffic blog post: "Three Mobile Trends to Watch"
- Read the complete Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update, 2014–2019 white paper.
- Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast, 2014–2019 Q&A
- Learn more about the free Cisco Visual Networking Index resources
- See the latest Cisco Data Meter results worldwide: http://ciscovni.com/data-meter/index.html
- Follow us on our LinkedIn page for targeted updates and announcements
- For more information about Cisco's service provider news and activities visit the SP360 Blog or follow us on Twitter @CiscoVNI.
- Cisco Service Provider SlideShare presentations
- Cisco Service Provider Mobility Community
- Subscribe to Cisco's SP360 feed
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.