The new study reveals best practices and critical success factors for public sector organizations in realizing the potential of IoE. Cisco will release more than 40 public sector jurisdiction profiles detailing these findingsMay 21, 2014
SAN FRANCISCO, May 21, 2014 – Public sector organizations are already capturing significant value from the Internet of Everything (IoE), according to a new study released by Cisco at Cisco Live.
This week, Cisco unveiled its Top 10 Insights to highlight how public sector organizations are successfully attaining IoE value and best practices for driving IoE initiatives.
Cisco and Cicero Group, a leading data-driven strategy consulting and research firm, conducted a global study of IoE capabilities across more than 40 leading public sector jurisdictions, both in and outside the U.S.
Leading real-world examples of key public sector IoE use cases will be showcased through a series of in-depth profiles to be released in the coming weeks.
Top 10 Insights:
- Public sector organizations are among the world's leading IoE innovators
- Cities are using comprehensive IoE strategies to capture IoE value
- A powerful network foundation expands the art of the possible
- Scalable pilot projects build support, momentum, and expertise
- Data Analytics Magnify the Impact of IoE
- Cities are rapidly going mobile as part of their IoE strategies
- IoE solutions must address people and process, not just data and things
- Transparency and Open Data Unlock Hidden Potential of IoE
- Breaking Down Organizational Silos is a Necessity for (and Fruit of ) IoE Success
- Senior leadership must actively drive IoE-focused change
Join the conversation on Twitter via @CiscoIoE or #InternetofEverything
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.