May 13, 2014
MEXICO CITY, May 13, 2014. – Over the next 10 years the Internet of Everything (IoE) will create US$ 19 trillion value worldwide, however 99 % of physical objects that may one day be part of the IoE are still unconnected. Cisco is inviting the Mexican entrepreneurial community to participate in the IoE Challenge "connect the unconnected".
The challenge is looking for viable ventures that demonstrate the value added when people, processes, things and data are integrated to the IoE.
The IoE Challenge will be executed in an alliance with UpGlobal through their proven dynamic "StartUp weekends" where interested parties will have the chance to participate in bootcamps and receive coaching from Cisco experts that will help them to understand IoE and offer them tools to develop a successful project. The Office of the President of Mexico, Instituto Nacional del Emprendedor (INADEM), Cámara Nacional de la Industria Electrónica de Telecomunicaciones y Tecnologías de la Información (CANIETI) and Asociación Mexicana de la Industria de Tecnologías de Información (AMITI) are also participating.
The activities developed for the IoE Challenge are:
- Startup Weekend Ioe Edition: To develop IoE projects for any industry or topic
- Startup Weekend + IoE Challenge: These conferences will have a defined industry and or topic.
- Startup Weekend Mega : The UpGlobal marquee event for the year in Mexico with more than one thousand entrepreneurs participating where specific challenges for IoE will be made.
The most viable projects will have the opportunity to receive exclusive benefits such as:
- Tuition to participate on the incubator platform NEXT
- Publishing and promotion for the projects to crowd founding resources through the recognized platform fondeadora.mx
- Coaching to participate in the Internet of Things Innovation Grand Challenge organized globally by Cisco for startup businesses which will choose three winners that will share US $250,000 in prize money that can be used to jumpstart new and existing businesses that contribute to the Internet of Things industry.
- Showcase of the best solutions on the industry premier event CiscoLive! Cancun
More information of IoE Challenge can be found at http://www.cisco.com/web/LA/desafiocisco/index.html
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.