Solution Helps Defends Against Known Intrusions, Protect from Unknown Attacks and Guard Against Advanced Persistent Threats.April 22, 2014
SAN JOSE, Calif., April 22, 2014 – In today’s world of cloud, mobile, social and the Internet of Everything, customers face new security challenges as they work to protect their most important asset – data. Cisco today announced Managed Threat Defense, a managed security solution that applies real-time, predictive analytics to detect attacks and protect against advanced malware across customers’ extended networks.
According to the Cisco® Annual Security Report, in a sample of 30 of the world’s largest multinational company networks all shared the fact their organization had traffic going to web-sites that host malware. As cyber threats become more sophisticated, it is increasingly difficult to address them in real-time; in many cases, years pass before organizations are aware their networks have been breached. To compound this issue, finding the right talent to effectively staff security operations can be a challenge. Cisco estimates this year there will be a global shortage of more than one million security professionals. Leveraging external security experts helps reduce cost and provides an opportunity for internal resources to focus on other business priorities.
Managed Threat Defense is an on-premises solution, comprised of hardware, software, and analytics designed to monitor, capture, and analyze threats. Cisco’s worldwide network of expert-staffed security operations centers (SOCs) monitor the service and provide incident response analysis, escalation, and remediation recommendations.
Additionally, Managed Threat Defense does the following:
- Protects against unknown attacks, not seen by anti-virus, by capturing real-time streaming telemetry.
- Leverages Hadoop 2.0 to apply predictive analytics to detect anomalous patterns against each customer’s unique network profile and determine suspicious behavior.
- Identifies known attacks and vulnerabilities using pattern analysis and investigation against both Cisco-proprietary and community threat intelligence data.
- Provides incident tracking and reporting via a subscription-based business model. This approach can lower operational costs and utilizes Cisco’s continued investment in security technology, processes, and talent.
- Includes innovative Cisco security technology such as Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) to detect malware and eliminate unnecessary alerts, Sourcefire FirePOWER for threat detection, and Cisco Cloud Web Security for email and web filtering.
“As data continues to move to the cloud, more people are accessing data via mobile devices, in addition to sharing data through social channels. Consequently, security has become our customers’ number one concern,” said Bryan Palma, SVP Cisco Security Solutions. “Managed Threat Defense lessens the worry associated with protecting against a breach and allows Cisco and its partners to add value where customers need it most.”
Managed Threat Defense is available as a direct service from Cisco. Partners can also resell this service through Cisco Service Partner Program (CSPP). It is currently available in the United States and Canada, and select locations in APJC including: Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Japan.
- Join the security conversation on Twitter by following @CiscoSecurity
- Like Cisco Security on Facebook at http://facebook.com/ciscosecurity
- Read Bryan Palma’s blog
- Advanced Malware Protection (AMP)
- Cisco Managed Threat Defense
Tags / Keywords:
Cisco, Security, Services, Security Services, Managed Threat
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.