November 27, 2012
SINGAPORE, 27 November 2012 – SingTel has announced that it is the first service provider in the Asia-Pacific region to globally deploy Multiprotocol Label Switching-Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) technology for its ConnectPlus E-Line service, providing its multinational corporation (MNC) customers with scalable high-speed connections worldwide. Using the Cisco® MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) suite of Carrier Packet Transport technologies -- SingTel's customers can now enjoy data bandwidths of up to 10 gigabits per second to support bandwidth-intensive applications with high service reliability across their global offices.
In the coming year, SingTel will use this platform to deliver dedicated point-to-multipoint and electronic Bandwidth-On-Demand (eBOD) for ConnectPlus E-Line services.
- Cisco Carrier Packet Transport solution provides SingTel with a network that unifies both packet and transport domains. This converged network is highly manageable, scalable and flexible to support current as well as new services.
- One of industry's first standards-based MPLS-TP technology solutions, SingTel can allow business enterprises to easily scale up connectivity requirements even for short-term use.
- With MPLS-TP, SingTel is able to serve its customers with a greater degree of freedom in terms of network topology demands regardless of its customers' locations, traffic conditions and bandwidth requirements. MPLS-TP also brings predictable resiliency and simplicity to service provisioning. This allows SingTel to respond faster to customers' business needs and fulfil stringent service level agreements.
- SingTel's customers will enjoy highly flexible, resilient and cost-effective high-speed connectivity services while it embarks on building next-generation enterprise architecture which supports video and cloud services across the globe.
- The Cisco Carrier Packet Transport solution provides SingTel with an industry-leading space and power footprint, high density and pay-as-you-grow architecture. The standards-based platform provides key features to meet the strictest requirement in industries such as finance and transportation.
- Cisco's MPLS-TP based solution allows SingTel to better serve its ever increasing customer base, to help its key customers meet challenging ICT requirement, and to capture new market transitions and opportunities.
- According to Cisco's Visual Networking Index, Internet traffic will reach 12 gigabytes per capita in 2016, and business Internet Protocol traffic will grow at a compounded annual growth rate of 22 per cent from 2011 to 2016.
- Jeff White, Vice President for Cisco's Service Provider Business in Asia Pacific, Japan and China
"The video, cloud, and mobile services are defining new meshed traffic patterns and placing unprecedented demands on the transport network architecture. In deploying the Cisco Carrier Packet Transport solution, SingTel is able to simplify service fulfilment complexity and evolve the ConnectPlus suite of services into a new generation converged transport architecture ready for enabling future services."
- Mr Goh Boon Huat, SingTel's Vice President of Business Products
"At SingTel, customers' business priorities have always been our key focus. With the implementation of these latest technologies in our network, customers' networks will be future-ready for the delivery of ICT services across multiple geographies. We can help our customers achieve greater business advantage by allowing them to deploy data-intensive applications such as video conferencing, multimedia, data analysis and business continuity planning."
- Whitepaper: Understanding MPLS-TP and Its Benefits
- Cisco Carrier Packet Transport: The Foundation for the Next-Generation Transport Network
- Cisco's Service Provider Blog: SP360
- Follow Cisco APAC on twitter: @CiscoAPAC
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco products are supplied in Singapore by the channel partners of Cisco Systems International B.V., a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.