- OTEGLOBE enhances its IP backbone network with Cisco ASR 9900 5th Generation Line Cards to meet increasing internet traffic demand and prepare for expected growth with 5G
- Powerful new Cisco line cards offer speed, cost savings, customization, and automation for network resiliency
- OTEGLOBE’s network is now MEF 3.0 certified, authenticating high-performance service, assurance, and agility
SAN JOSE, Calif., July 29, 2020 – Cisco announced today that OTEGLOBE has improved its network backbone with Cisco ASR 9900 5th Generation Line Cards ready to respond to its customers’ needs for a 400G-powered network.
The Cisco ASR 9900 high-performance router allows OTEGLOBE’s already robust, resilient, and secure network to tackle increased demand at the network edge with economic scale, and the ability to support application performance needed for 400G services.
Headquartered in Athens, Greece, OTEGLOBE is a network backbone operator delivering transport, peering, and interconnect services throughout South-eastern Europe. It is also the wholesale carrier that reaches Western Europe through Greece over a fully mesh optical backbone network. As the OTEGLOBE network infrastructure grows, the ASR 9900 helps to provide the network control and performance necessary to take quick actions that result in an optimal experience for subscribers.
Other notable benefits include:
- Speed and Cost Savings: Industry-leading 7nm silicon CPUs provide higher throughput rates while delivering significant power savings
- Customization: A modern network operating system (IOS XR) that allows for custom deployments into the environment
- Automation: Drives improved network resiliency and reduces mean-time-to-repair
With the latest enhancements to its network, OTEGLOBE has also received MEF 3.0 certification, validating that its network is compliant with the highest industry standards for performance, assurance, and agility.
“At OTEGLOBE, we are determined to continue to lead the industry in innovation and invest in the high-caliber technologies that enable us to offer the best services to our customers,” said Panagiota Βosdogianni, CTO, OTEGLOBE. “By introducing Cisco’s 400 GbE technology to our IP core network, we can respond seamlessly to traffic bursts during peak hours and accommodate even our largest customers’ needs with simplification, economic scale, improved flexibility, and an optimal customer experience.”
“With these latest network enhancements, we are providing OTEGLOBE with a long-term growth platform that scales ahead of the demand they’re seeing today and what they can anticipate in the years ahead,” said Jim Scott, Vice President, Cisco EMEAR Service Provider. “Together, we share a passion for connecting the unconnected, and offering the highest level of services to pave the way for the internet for the future.”
- About OTEGLOBE
- Cisco ASR 9000 Series
- Cisco ASR 9900 5th Generation Line Cards
- For more information about Cisco news and activities, visit the SP360 blog or follow us on Twitter @CiscoSP360 and LinkedIn.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984. Our people, products, and partners help society securely connect and seize tomorrow's digital opportunity today. Discover more at newsroom.cisco.com and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks and the use of the word partner can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.