Mexico City June 15, 2015. – In order to deploy a High Density and Gigabit Wi-Fi Network in the Auditorio Nacional, Telmex allied Cisco and selected carrier-grade universal Wi-Fi technology. The Auditorio Nacional is one of the main entertainment centers in the country, and can host over 10,000 people, who will now be able to connect their mobile devices to a state of the art high speed mobile network
The network will be managed under Cisco Prime™ Infrastructure, which simplifies the management of wireless and wired networks. This is the One Management solution for wireless and wired lifecycle management, providing application visibility at all times to all visitants connected to the network.
Thus, the attendees of Auditorio Nacional will be able to navigate using an average of 10 Mbs up and down bandwidth, simultaneously, anywhere in the venue, either outside or inside the auditorium.
Cisco solutions deployed include:
- Cisco® High Density Experience (HDX) is a suite of solutions combining a feature set designed specifically to alleviate the introduction of more clients, more access points, bandwidth-hungry applications and high density network strain while providing an unparalleled user experience. It is available in the Aironet 2700 Series access points deployed at Auditorio Nacional.
- Aironet 3700 series access point is designed for high-density network environments that utilize mission-critical, high-performance applications. The industry's first wireless access point with integrated 802.11ac Wave 1 radio.
- Cisco CleanAir® 3.0 creates a spectrum-aware, self healing and self optimizing wireless network that mitigates the impact of wireless interference and offers performance protection for 802.11 and 802.11 ac networks.
- Cisco ClientLink 3.0 focuses on mixed-client networks optimizing overall network capacity by helping ensure that 802.11 and 802.11 a.c clients operate in the best possible rates, especially when they are near cell boundaries. Thus increases the overall capacity of the system, which means more efficient use of spectrum resources.
A vital part of the infrastructure is the set of external antennas working with the access points, that are specifically designed to boost and focus the Wi-Fi signal toward the seating areas, reducing interference and increasing the network capacity for the best user experience.
- Lucas Olocco, Client Director Service Providers
“Nowadays people want to communicate anytime, anywhere using their mobile devices; for IT managers the connection becomes a challenge when users expect high quality at all times. Telmex allied Cisco and using Cisco Unified Wi-Fi Network technology will help Telmex to offer at Auditorio Nacional a unique experience for at Auditorio Nacional for all visitors. At the same time they will be able to centrally monitor network performance, having full visibility of the network under a reduced interference environment”.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.