LAS VEGAS, Nevada, CES 2015, January 5, 2015 – At CES 2015, Cisco is demonstrating how it is helping service providers, broadcasters, and media and entertainment companies transform their business to capture the benefits of the Internet of Everything (IoE) with cloud-based video solutions, virtualized managed services solutions and much more.
Cisco chairman and CEO John Chambers will participate in an Internet of Everything keynote panel titled, "Fast Innovation: Disrupt or Be Disrupted," on Wednesday, January 7, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PT, at the Las Vegas Hilton Hotel, alongside Neil Smit, president and CEO of Comcast Cable and Dr. Werner Struth, president and CEO, Bosch.
Demonstrating Leadership in Cloud
Cisco will privately host a range of cloud-powered demonstrations for its partners and customers at its CES campus, The Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas. These demonstrations will showcase the industry's most complete portfolio of cloud products and services, spanning video, mobility, collaboration, broadcasting and the connected home. Each will exemplify how to drive profitable customer-centric business outcomes through cloud-based innovations and services, which help service providers and media companies transform their business, customer experiences, and their architecture.
For pay-TV operators and media and entertainment companies, Cisco will be demonstrating ways to use its Videoscape Cloud solutions to virtualize and orchestrate video workloads that used to require substantial time, dedicated infrastructure and complex processes to deliver. Videoscape solutions like Cloud DVR move more functionality to the cloud, making it fast and easy for operators to add service features, giving consumers the dynamic "follow me anywhere" video experiences they crave.
Today, only Cisco can offer Pay-TV, media and entertainment companies and Service Providers a complete family of open standards-based cloud solutions, all designed to expand their business, reduce costs and improve agility. Examples include: Cisco Cloud Services and the Intercloud, OpenStack software solutions, the Evolved Services Platform (ESP), Virtualized Video Processing, Videoscape Cloud Services, Cisco cloud-scale unified computing system (UCS), cloud powered collaboration tools, cloud security solutions, Big Data, analytics, and more.
Additional Cisco news issued today at CES: Helping our customers transform the experience:
- CES 2015: Kabel Deutschland Converges Broadcast, IP and OTT Video
- Future video service integrates search, recommendation and viewing in a personalized, multi-screen, cloud-powered platform
- Cisco selected as technology partner
- Kabel Deutschland to unveil further details at IFA 2015
- Video service to be market-ready in fiscal year 2016/17
Additional Cisco Speakers at CES 2015:
- Jeff Campbell, vice president, government affairs, Cisco, "5G and the Mobile Future," Monday, January 5, 2:15 – 3:15 p.m., Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC), North Hall, Room N256.
- JT Taylor, Sr. manager, product marketing, Service Provider Video, Cisco, "Consumer Demand for Next-Gen TV Services, Connections Summit, Tuesday, January 6, 10:30 – 11:45 a.m., Venetian Hotel, Level 1, Casanova 602.
- Joseph Bradley, vice president, Cisco Consulting Service, "The State of the Internet of Things," Research Summit, Wednesday, January 7, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m., Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Room N253.
- Doug Webster, vice president, Service Provider Marketing, Cisco, "Personal Data as a New Digital Currency," Thursday, January 8, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Room N261.
- Manuel Cubero, CEO, Kabel Deutschland
"Our video future lies in delivering converged, personalized, social, multi-screen video experiences, from a standardized, IP-based, cloud-powered platform. We have chosen Cisco as our partner for software and set-top boxes because Cisco shares these fundamental tenets, and their products and plans best realize them."
- Yvette Kanouff, senior vice president and general manager, Cisco Service Provider Video Software and Solutions
"Cisco is proud to work with a leader and innovator like Kabel Deutschland to realize their vision of transforming their video business to a software-based, agile, cloud-powered platform. Cisco has invested heavily to become the leader in cloud and virtualization because these technologies will help our customers deliver great services, become more agile and ultimately grow their businesses."
- Cisco IoE: Tomorrow Starts Here
- About Cisco Videoscape Cloud Services
- Blog Series: Cisco at CES 2015: Cisco SP360: http://blogs.cisco.com/sp
- Follow Cisco's CES news and activities on Twitter: #VideoinCloud and @CiscoSPVideo
Cisco, cloud, cloud video, Internet of Everything, IoE, Intercloud, IP, Kabel Deutschland, John Chambers, Manuel Cubero, OTT video, mobility, Videoscape Cloud, Yvette Kanouff
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.