Mexico City, 18 September, 2014.- Cisco Live!™ the premier IT and communications event organized by Cisco, is taking place from 3 to 6 November on the Mexican Mayan Riviera at the Moon Palace Hotel. Cisco Live! is one of the most significant industry meetings which brings together customers, IT experts and partners from all business segments and levels to access education and training in an environment that encourages the exchange of ideas.
This year, participants will have the chance to get more in-depth knowledge of the Internet of Things, Internet of Everything, Software Define Networks, Fast IT, Smart+Connected Communities™ as well as the latest developments on the Cloud and Data Center among others.
"Without question we are living in a new era of Internet where people, process, data and things are connected, allowing the Internet of Everything," said Jordi Botifoll, president of Cisco Latin America. "At Cisco Live! Cancun 2014, attendees will have access to first-hand information, practices and demos to help them to develop the networks for this next wave of the Internet".
Cisco Live! Cancún 2014 will offer the following program:
- Technical Education Sessions organized in different technology tracks. Attendees can create their own agenda focusing on a single topic or attend sessions in multiple tracks for a cross-discipline approach. Sessions include product overviews, one-to-one meetings with experts, technical solutions clinics, and table topics which are casual conversations that take place during breakout sessions. The topics that will be covered this year include Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), Certification, Cloud, Collaboration, Core/Enterprise Networks, Data Center, Mobility, Security and Service Provider.
- Technical Seminars. These meetings consist of half-day seminars that focus on design principles and best practices around video, collaboration, BYOD, IPV6, ACI and UCS.
- IT Management. These sessions will help participants understand how to use cutting-edge technology to support their business objectives. This business-oriented track is comprised of data center and virtualization, collaboration including business video, enterprise networking, security, service providers and certifications.
- Hands-On Labs are designed to help attendees learn about a technology and to apply that knowledge through solving problems in a controlled environment. The equipment in the Hands-On Labs will be connected to labs in Cisco corporate offices in San Jose, Calif., giving participants access to the latest technology developed by Cisco along with expert guidance.
The Hands-On Labs will be focused on certification, collaboration, converged access and WLAN.
- Executive symposium. This exclusive CxO-level event will discuss relevant IT- and business-related topics focused on how technology can drive business transformation. The event brings together over 125 executives for a three-day program that allows them to sharpen leadership skills and expand the value of their organizations.
In addition, the second annual women's forum in Cisco Live! Cancun!, called Cisco Empowered Women's Network, is taking place. This meeting gathers women working in the IT industry to focus on the challenges and opportunities of today, uncover new ways to inspire the empowered women of tomorrow, as well as develop the networking to continue the exchange of ideas.
This year, four solutions keynotes will also take place, in order to talk about Security, Enterprise Networking, Smart+Connected Communities and the Cloud.
In addition, participants will have access to the World of Solutions, an attractive trade show area designed to welcome Cisco's ecosystem partners and highlight the solutions they offer. More than 60 partners and technology providers will present their latest products. Cisco® solutions will also be showcased in the Cisco Campus, where attendees will have the opportunity to review 100 demonstrations on technologies related to service providers, video, collaboration, software-defined networks, cloud solutions, data centers, big data, IoE, IoT and the Cloud.
Furthermore, attendees interested in pursuing their certification exams during Cisco Live! will have access to a special discount of up to 75 percent.
Cisco Live! is held annually in just four locations worldwide: U.S., Europe, Australia and Mexico. Last year Cisco Live! Cancun gathered close to 4,000 professionals from 30 countries who attended 80 sessions; 70 partners took part in the World of Solutions, and Cisco offered 90 demos in the Cisco Campus.
For more information about Cisco Live! Cancun, the industry's premier education and training event for IT professionals, please visit www.ciscolive.com.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.