LIMA, Peru, April 19, 2011 - Cisco announced today the launch of Cisco® Networkers® 2011, a premier education and training event aimed at the networking and communications professionals of more than 30 countries in Central America, the Caribbean and the Andean region.
Cisco Networkers is recognized worldwide as one of the best technical training opportunities for professionals in information technology and communications, and as a meeting place to learn about the latest technical advances and trends worldwide and the strategic role of the network.
Cisco Networkers Peru will offer training sessions in Cisco technologies, including unified communications, security, data center, cloud computing and Internet Protocol/Multiprotocol Label Switching (IP/MPLS), and the latest solutions will be shown live in the Technology Showcase.
This year incorporates new meeting and learning avenues such as social networks and the virtual platforms Cisco Live and Virtual Networkers. A plenary session will be held with keynote speaker Carlos Dominguez, a Cisco vice president. Dominguez motivates audiences around the world with his presentations about how technology is changing the way people and companies communicate, collaborate and, especially, work.
The event will also host business forums on subjects including telecommunications, finances and the public sector. The Partner Business Day features discussions about business case studies and innovative solutions. Cisco Networkers also provides multiple opportunities to interact with Cisco engineers and partners about technological advances and training in IT and communications.
Alvaro Merino- Reyna, Cisco country manager, Peru:
"Cisco Networkers is one of the most important information technology and communication events around the world. Today we not only talk about networks but also about collaboration, data centers, video and other technologies that generate a deep impact in the way we live, learn and do business. The event in Lima is especially important because it will be one of only two events in Latin America, together with Mexico, in 2011. We will have the opportunity of interacting with some of the most important experts in the ICT world and to see the most innovative networking technologies as they are currently used by companies."
- Cisco® Networkers® 2011 will take place in Lima from September 27th to 29th at the Westin Hotel and Convention Center.
- This is the second time that Peru has been chosen as the venue of Cisco Networkers. Some of the host countries in the previous years were Venezuela (Caracas) in 2006, Colombia (Cartagena) in 2008 and Panama (Panama City) in 2010.
- Cisco Networkers 2011 will have more than 60 technical, business and training sessions about Cisco technology architectures. More than 150 Cisco professionals, including engineers and executives in Latin America and the U.S., will attend.
- It is expected that the event will draw more than a thousand participants, mainly from Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Colombia, Venezuela, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic and Panama.
- Business sessions will focus on case studies and on technological solutions for industries.
- Networkers 2011 will also present a Technology Showcase with Cisco and its partners, where the following technologies will be demonstrated:
- WAN Optimization and Application Acceleration: Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS), Cisco Virtual WAAS and Cisco WAAS Express.
- Desktop virtualization : Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure/virtual desktop infrastructure (VXI/VDI)
- Operating-expense control: Cisco EnergyWise Technology
- Enterprise video - Digital signs: Cisco Show and Share®/video surveillance
- Home video: Cisco ūmiTM telepresence, set-top boxes
- High-speed Internet : DOCSIS® 3.0
- Video anywhere: Cisco VideoscapeTM platform
- Corporate social network: Cisco SocialMinerTM/Cisco Show and Share
- Face-to-face collaboration: Cisco TelePresence® /Tandberg
- Enterprise mobility and collaboration: Cisco CiusTM tablets
- Cloud computing: Virtual Computing Environment
- High-performance wireless connections: Cisco CleanAir
- Spam-free operations-: Cisco IronPortTM services
- High-performance routing: Cisco CRS-1 and CRS-3
- Data Center 3.0: Cisco Nexus® platform
For further information about Cisco Networkers 2011, the most important networking event of the year, please visit: http://www.networkerscisco.com/web/PE/networkers2011/attendees/welcome/