MOSCOW - July 6, 2010 - Cisco today announced that Uralsvyazinform, a leading service provider in the Russian Federation's Ural region, has deployed a unified contact center based on the Cisco® Unified Intelligent Contact Management Enterprise platform. The new contact center serves residential, business and public sector customers. Uralsvyazinform operates under the U-tel brand and has more than 10 million subscribers in the Ural region, located around the Ural Mountains which form the natural boundary between Europe and Asia.
Highlights / Key Facts:
- With the implementation of the unified contact center platform, 99 help desks in 82 locations are now integrated into a single unified operation that offers the same high level of service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The new center employs 930 agents in three shifts, who process more than 100,000 calls a day.
- Uralsvyazinform's contact center provides information and technical support to subscribers of all telecommunication services of the company, including more than 10 million fixed-line and mobile GSM customers. At the same time, all regional emergency and social services, as well as government and state authorities, use the contact center. In the future, Uralsvyazinform plans to offer its contact center services to other business customers in the region.
- The Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management Enterprise platform helps enable Uralsvyazinform to transparently integrate traditional inbound and outbound voice applications with Internet applications such as real-time chat, Web collaboration and e-mail. A single agent can support multiple interactions simultaneously, regardless of which communications channel the customer has chosen. The new multichannel contact center infrastructure also provides easy-to-use productivity features such as expert on demand. This helps increase the one-contact resolution rate and improve other key performance indicators.
- The center includes an interactive voice response (IVR) function, which enables subscribers to access some services, such as checking balances, payments, tariff changes and frequently asked questions in a quick and easy-to-use self-service mode. As a result many basic calls can be offloaded from contact center agents.
- The Cisco Unified Contact Center is integrated with Uralsvyazinform's Cisco Unified Communications platform, used across the company's seven regional branches. The solution also includes the Advanced Interaction Manager for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise, the Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal and the Cisco AS 5350 Voice/VXML Gateway.
- NVision Group, a Cisco Gold Certified Partner in Russia, designed and implemented the powerful, redundant and scalable system that is integrated with Uralsvyazinform's data network. To increase the quality of customer service, Uralsvyazinform also installed the call-recording solution ZOOM CallREC by ZOOM International, a Cisco Technology Developer Partner.
- Sergey Lukash, chief executive officer, Uralsvyazinform
- Paul Betsis, general manager, Cisco Russia
- Eugeny Zakrepin, first deputy general director, NVision Group
"Setting up a unified contact center is an important step for us toward building a high-quality, convenient customer care operation. As an example, in 80 percent of the cases, waiting times are now only eight seconds. Our intention is to address most of our customers' queries without the need for them to visit our offices. This is the road taken by the world's leading service providers. The new contact center has great potential. For instance, within the e-government program, the regional authorities are planning to introduce Web-based as well as contact-center-based e-citizen services. Our company has the experience and the resources to support the implementation of this program."
"The contact center built in the Urals is one of the largest and most advanced in Russia. It is an important business asset for Uralsvyazinform and is expected to improve customer loyalty and satisfaction and help generate new revenues for the company."
"Deployment of such a large contact center operation is a complex technical challenge, especially as we had to deploy the new contact center in 'hot mode', without any interruption of customer services."
Uralsvyazinform, U-tel, Cisco, Cisco Unified Communications, Customer Care, Contact Center
RSS Feed for Cisco:
- More information on Cisco: www.cisco.com
- News from Cisco Emerging Markets: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/global/emerging/
About OAO Uralsvyazinform:
OAO Uralsvyazinform (operating under the "U-tel" brand) is a universal service provider in the Urals region of Russia. The company operates in seven subjects of the Russian Federation (Kugransky, Sverdlovsky, Tyumensky and Chelyabinsky Regions, the Perm Region, Khanty-Mansi and Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Regions) in the territory of 1.9 million square kilometers with a population of more than 15 million people. On March 31, 2010 OAO Uralsvyazinform had 3.7 million fixed and 5.7 million mobile subscribers, 784,000 broadband customers and more than 120,000 paid TV users. For more information, please, refer to: www.usi.ru or www.u-tel.ru