MOSCOW, Russia - July 1, 2010 - Cisco, with IT service provider Arsenal+, has deployed a video collaboration network connecting the offices of the Tyumen region's Social Development Department across 25 districts in western Siberia using Cisco's Tandberg portfolio of telepresence technologies.
In the short period since the video collaboration solution was implemented in November 2009, the department has already reduced transport expenses, accelerated management processes and -- with new video-based training programs – helped raise the professional skills of its staff.
Key Facts / Highlights:
- At the center of the video collaboration solution is a Tandberg Video Communication Server, which connects the benefits of video conferencing and telepresence to other communications environments, including unified communications and Internet Protocol telephony networks.
- The department also deployed the Tandberg Codian IP VCR 2210, a high-performance, IP-based videoconference recording, playback and streaming system, and a Tandberg Codian MCU 4210 server, a powerful IP multimedia conferencing bridge that delivers high-quality voice and video with an easy-to-use, versatile interface.
- Using the Tandberg Management Suite, the department can easily centralize control of on-site and remote video systems. The suite supports the management, deployment and scheduling of the entire video network, including telepresence, from one single product.
- At the desktop, Tandberg Movi software provides the department with a cost-effective, easy-to-use video solution that allows employees to stay visually connected to colleagues. With only an existing PC or Mac and a USB camera, thousands of users in a video-enabled enterprise can connect from public spaces or remote offices whenever they need to do so.
- In 2011, the Social Development Department plans to expand the network by installing Cisco's Tandberg Quick Set C20 high-definition telepresence units in the central nodes, including the department and the regional family center.
- Tandberg's portfolio of offerings, now part of the Cisco TelePresence Technology Group, includes endpoints, infrastructure and cloud services capabilities that help provide compelling, innovative and easy-to-use collaboration applications for immersive, face-to-face virtual experiences.
- Alla Vyacheslavovna Tolkacheva, head of Family Policy Section, Tyumen Region's Social Development Department
- Alexander Yuryevich Sabantsev, project manager of the Project Department, Tyumen region
- Stein Ramsli, head of Cisco TelePresence sales for Russia and CIS
"The implementation of the business video system helped us raise the availability of experts for professional consultations in legal, psychological and other matters for teenagers and their parents. As a result, we can quickly address the problems of children and families and share experiences and new technologies among specialists from different groups."
"We selected Cisco's Tandberg solution because of the price-performance ratio, availability of technical support, clear system-management procedures, excellent reliability, and quality of video and audio. A rich choice of service functions enables us to support video sessions in different modes, customized for specific situations. Management and control services offer a wide range of functions to monitor connectivity, utilize computing resources, plan events, and generate reports about their efficiency."
"Video helps social-care institutions solve important problems related to the coordination of actions and deliver distance-learning services and consultations. In the case of the Social Development Department of the Tyumen region, we're pleased to see the impact that even greater communication and collaboration is able to provide internally and externally to the department's clients."