TUNIS, Tunisia, July 13, 2010 - Cisco announced today that its Tunis office has become the first business premises in Tunisia to offer Cisco TelePresenceTM exchanges. Unveiled in Cisco's Tunis offices last week, the Cisco TelePresence solution offers a live, face-to-face experience that enables people from different offices and cities around the world to meet virtually using the power of the network. Cisco TelePresence meeting participants can share content, create high-quality video recordings of events, consult with experts, and deliver powerful personalized services, all using the network for an immersive in-person experience.
In Tunisia, Cisco TelePresence technology offers more than a virtual meeting experience for businesses. Health care professionals, for example, will be able to collaborate more easily, regardless of location, thereby improving both the timeliness and the quality of care delivered. Patients will have access to physicians and specialists from remote locations. The Cisco TelePresence infrastructure is also ideal for applications of telemedicine such as specialist or radiologist consultations. Likewise, for educational establishments, Cisco TelePresence Classroom will help transform the learning environment, providing a means to bring education to remote locations and also connect with colleges, institutions and tutors from around the world.
Highlights / Key Facts:
- Setting up a Cisco TelePresence meeting is as simple as making a phone call, and when participants sit down at the conference table in a Cisco TelePresence room, other participants appear to be sitting across the table, in life size, no matter where they are in the world.
- The Cisco office in Tunis has been installed with the Cisco TelePresence System 1300 Series. With a streamlined, elegant design, one screen, and three cameras, the Cisco TelePresence System 1300 Series can support meetings with up to six people in a regular conference room. Built-in lighting produces high-quality, natural-looking video by eliminating facial shadows. Nearly any conference room with its existing table can be used. Built-in support for audio conferencing and display for presentations provide extra value, while bandwidth needs are reduced to a single video stream of the active speakers for optimized return on investment.
- For businesses in North Africa, Cisco TelePresence technology will bridge geographical divides, by enabling highly secure virtual meetings with multiple locations inside or outside the corporate firewall. Ultimately, the solution will help to save costs and boost productivity by reducing travel and will facilitate a greener company environment by reducing its carbon footprint.
- The 'real-life' meeting experience provided by Cisco TelePresence technology is delivered through ultra-high-definition video that reveals subtle facial expressions conveying nonverbal reactions. Spatial audio allows the transmission of every nuance of the conversation and enables participants to interact as they would in person.
- As other businesses in Tunisia adopt Cisco TelePresence solutions, an expert on investment products based in a Tunis bank, for example, will be able to have face-to-face private meetings with customers in Mahdia and Sousse without having to travel a long distance. Similarly, a geological data analyst for an exploration company will be able meet face-to-face with several teams in London, New York and Bangalore in one day and still attend to personal commitments.
- Adel Dahmani general manager for Cisco Tunisia
- Anthony Vonsee, managing director for Cisco North Africa Levant
"In today's climate, when companies are looking at better ways to conduct business efficiently whilst also keeping a firm control on travel costs, Cisco TelePresence technology offers the perfect solution. Cisco employees in Tunis are already enjoying the benefits and cost savings that a Cisco TelePresence solution offers, and we aim to also utilize this installation in our Tunis offices as a pilot to allow our business partners and customers across the region the opportunity to experience the power of Cisco TelePresence technology. We are confident that in the very near future many more organizations in Tunisia and across North Africa will be deploying the Cisco TelePresence solution."
"The deployment of Cisco TelePresence technology can now be increased significantly throughout the sub-Saharan African region with the arrival of submarine cables, which now offer high bandwidth at attractive prices. Cisco's vision is to be the leading enabler of ICT and broadband acceleration in emerging markets through innovative, scalable, high-value technology offerings and solutions. This Cisco TelePresence solution will not only transform the way business is conducted in North Africa but also help make vital services like health care and education more accessible to those who need them most."
Links / URLs:
- Emerging Markets RSS Feed:
- News@Cisco in Africa: http://newsroom.cisco.com/africa
- RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
- For details about Cisco TelePresence solutions, visit: