DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, May 2, 2010 - Cisco today announced that the Emirates Group, one of the leading global forces in travel and tourism operation, has signed the first ever three-year contract for the purchase of Cisco network support and optimisation services to be financed by Cisco Capital (Cisco Systems Finance International, Ireland) in the UAE. Emirates Group has selected Cisco Gold partner Gulf Business Machines (GBM), a leading IT solutions provider in the Middle East fulfilling the IT requirements of local, regional and international organizations in the GCC, to purchase Cisco services and work closely with Cisco to deliver these services and support the Cisco infrastructure.
The agreement represents an important milestone for Cisco in the UAE as the Emirates Group is one of the first companies in the region to utilise the additional innovative resources that Cisco has to offer beyond its products and standard maintenance services. Additionally, the agreement demonstrates Cisco's ability to adapt to change and align with the Emirates Group's business and financial requirements.
Emirates Group IT was looking for a network support service provider and Cisco was selected based on its service offering, value for money and return on investment. The agreement will allow Emirates Group to evolve its IT infrastructure as business demands grow and technology advances.
- The three-year agreement provides the Emirates Group with Cisco SMARTnet services for rapid issue resolution, flexible device-by-device coverage, and premium service options to help maximise operational efficiency. Additionally, Cisco will provide end-to end network optimisation services as well as focused technical support.
- The agreement represents an important milestone for Cisco here in the UAE as the Emirates Group is one of the first companies in the region to utilise the additional innovative resources that Cisco has to offer beyond its products and standard maintenance services. Additionally, the agreement demonstrates Cisco's ability to adapt to change and align with the Emirates Group's business and financial requirements.
- Cisco Capital is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems specializing in providing effective financing solutions for Cisco solutions worldwide. As the captive for Cisco products and services Cisco Capital is uniquely positioned to provide the most competitive and flexible financing.
- Patrick Naef, divisional senior vice president IT, Emirates Group
- Wayne Hull, general manager, Cisco, UAE
"The Emirates Group is always looking to expand its portfolio with strategic ventures that will enhance its commercial proposition, revenues and reputation. The financing through Cisco Capital will help us to continuously deliver the necessary financial enhancements to our information technology infrastructure to service our ever growing customer needs and maintain a competitive edge."
"The Cisco Capital financing for Emirates Group marks a major step forward in the way Cisco does business with organisations in the U.A.E. as we increasingly seek innovative new business solutions to meet the ever-changing needs of our customers. As a result of this we will be able to build on the existing agreement for future projects and solutions, enabling the Emirates Group to proceed with future projects jointly with Cisco."
About Emirates Group:
The Emirates Group has encompassed every aspect of travel and tourism to become a leading global corporation in its field. The organisation boasts a portfolio spanning more than 50 brands and employing over 40,000 people worldwide. With one of the youngest fleets in the sky Emirates Airline is one of two key divisions in the group. The other is Dnata, which provides ground handling services at 19 airports around the world, including Dubai International. It is also one of the largest providers of travel services in the Middle East and has been a household name in Dubai for 50 years.
About Gulf Business Machines (GBM):
Founded in 1990, Gulf Business Machines (GBM) is the leading IT solutions providers in the region fulfilling the IT requirements of local, regional and international organisations in the GCC.
A spin-off from IBM, GBM is the sole distributor for IBM– excluding selected IBM products and services –throughout the GCC, except for Saudi Arabia.
GBM's momentum was further enhanced in 1999, when the team secured the Cisco portfolio. GBM now holds the highest level of recognition in the region from Cisco, Gold Partner, in addition to the Cisco Learning Partner status.
Today, GBM is one of the largest IT solutions providers in the Middle East, strong of more than 700 highly skilled IT professionals and with more than 20 solid strategic partnerships forged with internationally-recognised IT solution providers. This means that GBM can offer an extensive range of IT infrastructure, IT solutions and services ranging from consulting, resource deployment, integration and after-sales support.
GBM's experience and expertise span among multiple sectors and particularly e-Government, Banking and Finance, Telecommunications, Retail and Oil. Believing in the importance of being where its customers are, GBM today has offices in the UAE (Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah), Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and Qatar, as well as in Pakistan. GBM Pakistan now operates three offices as an IBM Premium Partner in the south-east Asian country, one each in Karachi, Islamabad and Lahore. The Pakistani operation also holds a Silver Partner status from Cisco.
About Cisco Capital:
Cisco Systems Finance International is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems Inc. specializing in providing flexible financing solutions for Cisco solutions worldwide. Additional information is available at: http://www.cisco.com/web/ordering/ciscocapital/index.html
Links / URLs:
- Emerging Markets RSS Feed:
- Middle East News:
- For details about Cisco Capital Finance visit: