SAN JOSE, Calif. – April 2, 2010 – Cisco today announced that its digital signage technology, part of the Cisco® Digital Media Suite, is helping to power the new marquee at the NASDAQ MarketSite in the heart of New York's Times Square. Harnessing the network as a delivery platform, Nasdaq is using Cisco's Digital Media Players, the Cisco Digital Signs hardware platform, to simplify the management and distribution of high-definition and on-demand video, motion graphics and other dynamic digital content to this highly visible digital sign located above the entrance to NASDAQ's MarketSite.
To celebrate the unveiling of the new NASDAQ marquee, members of Cisco's Digital Media Systems business unit participated in the NASDAQ Closing Bell ceremonies on Thursday, April 1, in New York.
- NASDAQ is now using the Cisco Digital Signs solution as the engine for the display and playback of compelling, rich digital media, including high-definition live broadcasts and on-demand video, graphics, text tickers and other Web content across NASDAQ's network of digital signs, which includes the NASDAQ marquee.
- In the coming months, NASDAQ plans a phased expansion of Cisco Digital Signs technology across various NASDAQ sites, including 1 Liberty Plaza in downtown New York; this will include the deployment of additional digital media players and video encoders.
- Using Cisco Digital Signs, NASDAQ can captivate passersby with visually stunning content while improving efficiency and operational costs. The digital media players can be attached to virtually any on-premises digital signage display at any location. They can also remotely publish centralized content over the Web to NASDAQ's extensive network of digital signs.
- The Cisco Digital Media Suite is a comprehensive offering of social video, digital signage and business Internet Protocol TV systems that can help transform how organizations communicate and collaborate.
- David Wicks, vice president, NASDAQ OMX
- Thomas Wyatt, vice president and general manager, Cisco Digital Media Systems
"NASDAQ is delighted to partner with Cisco on the newly unveiled NASDAQ Marquee in the heart of Times Square. Cisco's digital media solutions technology will enable NASDAQ to enhance the overall customer experience for our listed companies and guests by showcasing captivating content for digital video and live broadcast feeds."
"Cisco is excited to provide enabling technology to one of the most recognizable digital signs in the world, the NASDAQ marquee in Times Square. Given its impressive position as the epicenter for all NASDAQ news and events, this iconic sign must be matched with equally impressive visual content. With Cisco's digital media solutions, NASDAQ is able to embrace the power of the IP network to push rich and dynamic video, as well as still images, to its dazzling marquee with the simple push of a button."
Cisco, digital media, video, digital sign, NASDAQ