BUDAPEST, Hungary – March 16, 2010 – Magyar Telekom and Cisco announced today that Cisco is working with Magyar Telekom to establish an innovation center based on Cisco® technologies. The center will focus on video, collaboration and data center virtualization technologies, areas where Internet Protocol (IP) networks play an increasingly central role for businesses.
Key Facts / Highlights:
- Among other activities, the innovation center will test networking technologies, develop IP-based services for Magyar Telekom's business customers, and conduct customer demonstrations and training. The center will be collaborating closely with Magyar Telekom's system engineer and business development teams.
- The center is planned to be equipped with a broad range of Cisco technologies, including a Cisco TelePresenceTM virtual meeting room, Cisco WebExTM, Unified Communications, Cisco Unified Computing SystemTM and the latest physical security and video surveillance systems.
- The innovation center will be located in Budapest, at the premises of KFKI, a subsidiary of Magyar Telekom. KFKI is a Cisco Gold Certified Partner and a Cisco TelePresence Authorized Technology Provider Partner in Hungary.
- From the Cisco TelePresence room located at the innovation center, specialists will able to connect to Cisco TelePresence rooms in more than 200 cities worldwide via an intercompany telepresence solution and will have access to Cisco's international product and service development resources.
- The innovation center is scheduled to open early summer, and Magyar Telekom is expecting to launch the first services by the end of 2010.
- Christopher Mattheisen, chairman and CEO, Magyar Telekom
- Laszlo Gyorgy, general manager, Cisco Hungary
"Innovation is at the forefront of Magyar Telekom's business strategies. Over the past years, we have launched several unique IT and telecommunications services in the Hungarian market. Thanks to our cooperation with Cisco, our business and residential customers will be able to take advantage of the latest networked-based technologies and solutions."
"Magyar Telekom and Cisco have a long track record of collaboration. Magyar Telekom recently launched managed collaboration services based on Cisco technologies. With the creation of the innovation center, we expect Magyar Telekom to be able to accelerate both service creation and go to market."
Magyar Telekom, Cisco, Cisco TelePresence, collaboration, innovation
RSS Feed for Cisco:
About Magyar Telekom
Magyar Telekom is Hungary's largest telecommunication service provider, which offers the full range of telecommunication and info-communication (ICT) services, including fix and mobile phone, data transmission and non-voice, as well s IT and system integration services. The company pursues its business through its two business units: Consumer Services Business Unit (the T-Home brand of services accessed at home and the T-Mobile brand of mobile communication services); Business Services Business Unit (T-Systems brand). Magyar Telekom is majority owner of Makedonski Telekom, the largest fix and mobile service provider of Macedonia, as well as Crnogorski Telekom, Montenegro's largest telecommunication service provider. Magyar Telekom's majority (59.21%) owner is MagyarCom Holding GmbH, which is exclusively owned by Deutsche Telekom AG. Further information is available at www.telekom.hu.