LISBON, Portugal, June 1, 2009 - Cisco announced today that Portugal Telecom has strengthened its alliance with Cisco to become a Cisco® Service Provider Reference Account, establishing a deeper business relationship based on a shared vision, innovative business models and joint go-to-market approach. This alliance places Portugal Telecom amongst a group of key accounts that Cisco will be collaborating with to drive innovation and value-added solutions for the consumer and enterprise markets. It also reinforces the shared vision of Cisco and Portugal Telecom that the network will be the platform for innovation that will transform customer experiences.
Cisco and Portugal Telecom will collaborate on managed services innovation and marketing, and on the development and exploitation of promising new technology areas. Cisco will provide early access to a range of product, architecture and technology innovations to Portugal Telecom. Cisco will also work closely with Portugal Telecom's research and development arm, PT Inovação, on advanced video solutions for digital television services to transform the television, Internet and entertainment experience of present and future generations of customers.
Highlights / Key Facts:
- Key areas in which Cisco and Portugal Telecom will focus development resources on include home networking and connected life, cloud computing and advanced video products and applications for digital television, such as interactive services, three-dimensional (3D) TV and audio/video communications. This focus is in line with Portugal Telecom's strategy to roll out fibre-to-the home (FTTH) services to 1 million homes by the end of 2009.
- Cisco and Portugal Telecom will extend collaborative go-to-market activities to promote the benefits of managed services to small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs), enterprises and public sector customers.
- The collaboration between Cisco and Portugal Telecom has already resulted in new services that transform customer experiences:
- Portugal Telecom has awarded the contract for its national next-generation network (NGN) to Cisco with core and Metro Ethernet technologies integrated in an end-to-end solution for business customers.
- Cisco service provider video and IP set-top box technology helped enable Portugal Telecom's IPTV offering, which was launched under the Meo brand.
- Portugal Telecom is launching its own Cisco TelePresenceTM network, connecting locations in Lisbon, Porto, Madeira and Azores, with plans to extend virtual face-to-face meeting facilities throughout its international operations.
- Portugal Telecom has launched ePME, an IP telephony solution for SMBs based on the Cisco Smart Business Communications System.
- Zeinal Bava, chief executive officer, Portugal Telecom
- John Chambers, chairman and chief executive officer, Cisco
"The closer collaboration with Cisco comes from a recognition of Cisco's proven track record of innovation and value generation, both in Portugal and the global marketplace. We believe that Portugal Telecom and Cisco share the same values: a culture of innovation, leadership, collaboration, ethics and integrity. Portugal Telecom wants to provide leading-edge services to its customers and that differentiates us from our competition. We firmly believe that working in close collaboration with Cisco will contribute to achieving this strategic goal."
"Visionary service providers like Portugal Telecom use the network as the platform to more effectively collaborate and drive innovation for the benefit of all businesses and consumers. We applaud Portugal Telecom's strategic vision and commitment to partnering with Cisco to establish a world-class platform that will be a unique innovation showcase for the industry."
Links / URLs:
- Portugal Telecom website
Tags / Keywords:
Cisco, Portugal Telecom, Connected Life, IPTV,
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html