BUDAPEST, Hungary - January 21, 2009 - Cisco today announced that Magyar Telekom has implemented four Cisco TelePresenceTM virtual meeting rooms to connect its head office in Hungary with the company's southeast European subsidiaries, Makedonski Telekom and Crnogorski Telekom.
Facts / Highlights
- Two Cisco® TelePresence System 3000 suites are located in Budapest; one is in Podgorica, Montenegro, and one is in Skopje, Macedonia.
- Magyar Telekom is the first service provider in central and eastern Europe that is using this innovative technology to connect geographically dispersed teams, improve collaboration, enable quicker decision making and reduce travel costs.
- Through its Business Services unit, T-Systems, Magyar Telekom also offers Cisco TelePresence to corporate customers as a managed service.
- Istvan Papp, chief operating officer of Magyar Telekom and head of the Business Services Unit (T-Systems)
- Otto Dalos, client executive, Cisco Hungary
"We have selected Cisco's TelePresence technology because it is at the cutting edge of today's video communication. We are already seeing the benefits in quicker decision making and reduced travel needs. On an average day, the Cisco TelePresence rooms are used for at least two to three meetings, saving us a full day of travel."
"Cisco TelePresence established a new category in communications and collaboration, and is bringing many new possibilities to the business world. I am especially proud that with Magyar Telekom's managed service offering, this technology is now available to businesses all across Hungary. Cisco TelePresence is making a significant impact on business operations, the environment and the ease with which people connect with each other."
- Visit Magyar Telekom at http://www.telekom.hu/main
- Read more about Cisco TelePresence and experience the world just across the table
- Subscribe to the Cisco® RSS Feed
Tags: Cisco, collaboration, high-definition video, TelePresence
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
About Magyar Telekom
Magyar Telekom is the principal provider of telecom services in Hungary. It is the majority owner of Makedonski Telekom, the leading telecom operator in Macedonia, and it also has a majority stake in Crnogorski Telekom, Montenegro's largest telecom service provide. Magyar Telekom's majority shareholder (59.21%) is MagyarCom Holding, fully owned by Deutsche Telekom AG. For more information visit www.magyartelekom.hu.