SAN JOSE, California - January 5, 2009 - Cisco will unveil new consumer products and initiatives during a press conference at the 2009 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas on Jan. 7, 2009. Cisco Chairman and CEO John Chambers will be joined by key Cisco executives responsible for the company's consumer strategy to discuss how Cisco is enabling the connected life through a new class of compelling communication and entertainment experiences that are more visual, more social and more personal.
CISCO CES PRESS CONFERENCE DETAILS
- John Chambers, chairman and chief executive officer, Cisco
- Ned Hooper, senior vice president of corporate development, Cisco Consumer Business Group
- Dan Scheinman, senior vice president and general manager, Cisco Media Solutions Group
- Tony Bates, senior vice president and general manager, Cisco Service Provider Group
- Chambers and other senior executives will discuss Cisco's vision for connected consumer experiences and introduce several new products in support of this vision.
- The Cisco press conference will take place on Wednesday, Jan. 7, from 1:00 to 1:45 p.m. PST.
- Press, analysts and bloggers at CES are invited to attend the press conference at the Venetian Hotel, Venetian Titian Room 2206. Appropriate credentials (e.g., badge or business card) will be required.
- Press, analysts, bloggers and interested parties not in Las Vegas can attend via a live webcast at http://event.ciscowebseminars.com/clients/cisco/CES2009.
ADDITIONAL CISCO CES ACTIVITIES
- John Chambers and Intel Chairman Craig Barrett will deliver a CES keynote regarding the role that technology plays in the economic growth of emerging markets. The discussion will take place on Friday, Jan. 9, from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. PST at the Venetian Hotel, Venetian Palazzo Ballroom.
- CES attendees can join Cisco's executive team during several additional speaking engagements at the show. A list of all Cisco CES speakers is available on Cisco's CES 2009 Web site.
- Demonstrations of Cisco consumer products are available at the Venetian Hotel during CES by appointment only. Reporters, analysts and bloggers interested in scheduling an on-site briefing with Cisco can contact CiscoConsumer@Text100.com.
- Check out Cisco's CES news and activities on the company's Platform blog, DigItAll Consumer blog, DigMediaRev blog and the Cisco Consumer Web site.
- Keep up with Cisco's service provider news and activities on SP360.
- Subscribe to the DigItAll Consumer blog to join Cisco consumer conversations and to view Cisco bloggers lifecasting at CES.
- Learn more about consumer products for a media-enabled home at www.linksysbycisco.com and www.linksysbycisco.com/forums.
- Follow DigitalCribs on Twitter for CES updates and commentary from Cisco.
- View photos from CES on the Cisco DigItAll Consumer Flickr account.
- Catch video excerpts from Las Vegas on the CiscoDigitalCribs YouTube channel.
- Become a fan of Cisco "Digital Cribs" on Facebook and invite your friends to join the conversation.
- For aggregated Cisco consumer social media updates, subscribe to the DigitalCribs FriendFeed.
- Subscribe to Cisco's RSS Feed.
Cisco, Consumer Electronics Show, CES, Cisco Consumer, Cisco Consumer Business Group, Cisco Consumer Business Unit, CBG, Service Provider Video Technology Group, SPVTG, Cisco Media Solutions Group, CMSG, John Chambers, Ned Hooper, Dan Scheinman, Tony Bates, video, media-enabled home, visual networking, medianet, connected life, network, platform, Internet networks, human network, home network, consumer technology, digital life, video sharing, mobile video, social networking, social networks, visual, social, personal
About Cisco's Consumer Business:
Cisco's consumer business includes home networking products, set-top boxes, media solutions and content delivery systems. Through collaboration with technology partners, service providers, content providers, retailers and consumer electronic device manufacturers, Cisco is expanding the Human Network to create an intelligent, end-to-end media-optimized network that extends from the content source to the consumer.