BANGALORE, India - December 1, 2008 - Cisco today announced the one-year anniversary of its Globalisation Centre East, a centerpiece of the company's globalisation vision and a key platform for developing technology solutions and for collaborating with partners and customers in emerging markets such as India, China, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Cisco expanded the Centre's staff by more than 40 percent since its opening one year ago and the 1 million-square-foot-plus facility now features initiatives to develop global talent, foster innovation and build stronger relationships with partners and customers throughout the region.
- The Globalisation Centre East features a world-class team representing Cisco talent from around the globe, including Wim Elfrink, Cisco's chief globalisation officer.
- The facility houses Cisco's largest campus data centre outside the U.S. providing a focal point for demonstrating next-generation virtualisation technologies and service-oriented network architectures that support its customers' global environments.
- The Global Briefing Centre showcases Cisco's latest technology solutions and provides an environment for closer collaboration with partners in developing solutions relevant to customers in emerging markets around the world.
- The on-campus research and development (R&D) capability is the largest presence for Cisco outside the U.S. and demonstrates Cisco's commitment to developing products and services that meet the needs of customers in emerging countries, as well as ensuring that Cisco harnesses innovation wherever in the world it occurs.
- Cisco extended its venture investment initiative in India by another $100 million to foster growth with high-potential Indian companies. In 2005, Cisco designated an initial $100 million in venture funding for this purpose as part of its overall $1.1 billion investment plan for India.
New Business Models to Foster Global Collaboration
- Cisco recently announced the first availability of Cisco TelePresence rooms available to the public on a pay-per-use model for businesses and organizations of all sizes. Rooms are available from Cisco in Santa Clara, Calif., and in Boston, London, and major cities throughout India, including Bangalore and Mumbai, in collaboration with Tata Communications.
- Announced a strategic collaboration with YTL e-Solutions Berhad (YTLE) to establish its WiMAX core network in Peninsular Malaysia. Under the agreement, Cisco will build and integrate YTLE's WiMAX CORE network - which includes IP CORE, Operating Support Systems, Billing Systems, Proactive Network Operating Centre (PNOC), and IOT labs - to help YTL quickly operationalize and launch new services. This new type of collaborative relationship illustrates how Cisco is innovating new business models adapted to the diverse needs of customers worldwide.
- Developing new solutions for Cisco Connected Real Estate for key projects throughout the Middle East, by applying the "intelligent infrastructure" concepts from its real estate practice developments. The communications networks for each city will tie together buildings, people, public spaces, and transportation centres over fibre optic lines offering bandwidth of up to one gigabit per second (Gbps) while making wireless connectivity ubiquitous.
- Cisco announced that it will deepen its commitment to developing the technology skills of Arab youth by designating its Globalisation Centre to support Silatech, an initiative of Her Highness Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al Missned of Qatar, in creating a region-wide technology platform for the Middle East.
- A collaboration with Satyam Computer Services Limited (Satyam) to explore a new venture to optimize, deploy and manage solutions for handling medical distress situations and health management solutions for global markets.
- A strategic alliance with Wipro was formed to jointly develop and deliver information technology (IT) service solutions to help both companies meet their customers' needs, particularly in fast-growing markets around the world.
- Wim Elfrink, Chief Globalisation Officer, shares themes and achievements of Cisco's Globalisation Centre East in Bangalore, India, and touches upon opportunities which lie ahead
- Wim Elfrink, Chief Globalisation Officer and Executive Vice President, Cisco Services
"This anniversary marks a tremendous milestone for Cisco and one that is directly related to the hard work of our global teams and partners. What started as a vision for globalisation is now a sustainable model for supporting growth, innovation and talent across emerging countries."
Cisco, Globalization, India, Cisco Global Talent Acceleration Program, GTAP, Globalisation
- Cisco's "The Platform" blog: http://blogs.cisco.com/news/
- RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html