June 18, 2008
Highlights / Key Facts:
- To help commuters "dump the pump" in support of National Dump the Pump Day, Cisco is encouraging workers to skip their commute with the near zero-carbon option of free, web-based, collaborative meetings from WebEx. www.webex.com/sparetheair
- In an attempt to raise awareness that riding public transportation helps reduce carbon emissions and conserves fuel, the American Public Transportation Association has designated tomorrow, June 19th, "Dump the Pump Day" and is encouraging commuters to fight pollution by making clean air travel choices.
- Commuters, one of the largest contributors to air pollution, are encouraged to either work from home or utilize public transportation when possible. To support this effort, more than 100 transit agencies have joined Dump the Pump Day by offering free or reduced rate rides.
Tags/Keywords: Cisco, WebEx, Cisco WebEx, teleworking, web conferencing, online collaboration, on-demand collaboration, Dump the Pump, web meetings, video conferencing, public transportation, carbon emissions
- WebEx green datasheet
- Dump the Pump Day
- WebEx carbon calculator
- Plant a tree with WebEx
- Wainhouse Research report on teleworking
- "By helping to reduce the need for travel, WebEx offers a great solution for commuters who want to do their part to reduce carbon emissions," said Joe Schwartz, director of marketing operations at Cisco WebEx. "We hope that commuters across the country will take advantage of travel alternatives during Dump the Pump Day. We're helping to clean the air, one meeting at a time."
Embedded Videos and Images:
Dump the Pump
Cisco execs go green for Earth Day
Sun Microsystems uses WebEx to reduce carbon emissions
Contact Information: LeAnne Schrotzberger 1-408-853-4336, email@example.com
News@Cisco RSS Feed: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Date/Time Stamp: June 18, 2008. 5:00am PT
# # #