Highlights / Key Facts:
- Cisco invites you to play, challenge a friend, and score high enough to compete in the Cisco® EDGE QUEST Tournament of Aces. It's a winner-take-all format where the highest scorer receives US$10,000 and a Cisco Aggregation Services (ASR) 1002 Router, valued up to US$35,000.
- Cisco EDGE QUEST is an online game introducing the new Cisco ASR 1000 Series routers. Players a.k.a. "agents" maneuver a router craft through various levels to defend the network edge from a wide array of service demands. It's fast, fun, and now potentially lucrative, in addition to being quite informative as to the platforms unique and innovative capabilities that can benefit service providers and enterprises alike.
- The Cisco EDGE QUEST Tournament of Aces qualifying round starts at 9 a.m. (PDT) on Monday, May 5. Qualifying ends on June 11, 2008. For official terms and conditions the Cisco EDGE QUEST Tournament of Aces, please visit: www.cisco.com/go/edgequest. And, the final, 24-hour "tournament round" starts June 16, 2008, for the top 100 qualifying scorers.
- You are also invited to design a new Cisco ASR craft that may be used in the Tournament of Aces "Tournament Round" and may also be featured on Cisco.com and other websites. Have fun and submit your craft design using one of the three Cisco ASR 1000 chassis as the baseline. You can submit your craft design in the "Cisco Support Group for Uber User Internet Addicts" community on Facebook. Designs must be submitted on or before May 26, 2008 to be featured in the Tournament Round.
- The Cisco EDGE QUEST Tournament of Aces" is sponsored by Cisco Systems, Inc. and is open to individuals eighteen (18) years old or older at time of entry and who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements in the terms and conditions. The design effort is not a contest and is intended to be a fun opportunity for anyone, 18 or older, to show off their design skills.
Tags / Keywords:
Cisco EDGE QUEST Tournament of Aces, Cisco, EDGE QUEST, ASR, ASR 1000, router, routers
Links / URLs:
- Podcast RSS: http://tools.cisco.com/GCT/PCTPST/game_public/podcast/podcast_feed.xml
- YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/CiscoSP360
- Del.icio.us: http://del.icio.us/CiscoSP360
- Digg: http://digg.com/users/CiscoSP360
- Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26171422@N04/
- Follow Us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CiscoSP360
- "Cisco EDGE QUEST has generated thousands of players in just a few short months. We wanted to address this interest further and to engage even more players in a fun way, so we created this tournament where the prizes are US $10,000 and a Cisco ASR 1002 router," said Doug Webster, director of service provider marketing for Cisco.
- "We've become a society where video and web 2.0 collaboration applications are shaping virtually all of that network experiences that we use throughout our daily lives," said Webster. "What we are attempting to do with Cisco EDGE QUEST is to showcase innovative Cisco technologies like the ASR series that are enabling those Connected Life experiences."
- "With Cisco EDGE QUEST, the player is not only learning about the extraordinary capabilities of the Cisco ASR Series router but is also able to experience them in an interactive way," Webster said. "For the player, the Cisco EDGE QUEST game is entertaining, easy to play, and, with this tournament, potentially lucrative. From a marketing perspective, it is a different and fun way to engage with our customers and the market as a whole."
- Randy Jordan, host of "The Instance," said, "I am a gamer and love online competition. I can't think of a game that I've played where there was a chance of winning a $10,000 or any other prize like this."
- "What could the winner do with a Cisco ASR 1002 router? The question is really more what can't you do with it," said Webster. "You could donate it to your local university or Cisco Networking Academy or use it to train for Cisco Networking Certifications; you could get in serious favor and become part of your company's lore by giving it to the IT department; or you could use it to have unmatched bragging rights as owner of absolutely the most powerful, awe-inspiring home network in your city!"
Embedded Videos and Images:
Cisco $10K EDGE QUEST Tournament of Aces: Can You Handle it?
Contacts Information: Kevin Petschow, +1.773.444.5106, firstname.lastname@example.org
Beth Mayer, +1.415.593.8442, email@example.com
RSS Feed for Company: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Date/Time Stamp: May 5, 2008, 5 a.m. (PDT)
Trackback URL: www.cisco.com/go/edgequest