ATLANTA - January 8, 2007 - Scientific Atlanta, a Cisco company, today announced that its latest innovations to help service providers "Deliver the Connected Life" will be on display at the 2007 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in the North Hall, Upper Level, Room N227 at the Las Vegas Convention Center Jan. 8-11. Demonstrations are designed to enable the interactive entertainment, communication and information experiences that today's consumers demand.
Booth Demonstrations Include:
- The Connected Home - Together, Cisco, Scientific Atlanta and Linksys are helping service providers fulfill the preferences of today's consumers, who are accessing all types of content (e.g., premium video, photos, music, data, voice and home video) on televisions, personal computers, cell phones and mobile devices.
- Direct to Disc Concept Demonstration - With Direct to Disc, consumers can potentially purchase on-demand video, music or software from their service provider and then - using Scientific Atlanta's digital video recorder (DVR) with built-in DVD set-top - record the content to a disc.
- IPTV Set-Tops - This comprehensive, ready-to-deploy line of the latest Internet Protocol (IP) set-tops features integrated middleware platforms with AVC compression technology.
- Next-Generation Cable Set-Tops - These cable set-tops are designed to provide broadband operators with increased power, flexibility and security solutions as operators begin to deploy next-generation network architectures (NGNAs).
- Separable Security Technologies - A full suite of products is available to cable operators who want to meet the FCC "707" separable security mandate. Such products include Scientific Atlanta's Multi-Stream CableCARDTM and a range of set-tops, from standard-definition digital-only to dual-tuner high-definition (HD) DVRs.
- MPEG-4 HDTV and SDTV - A 2007 CES Innovations Honoree, the D9054 HD AVC encoder delivers high-quality video and maximizes bandwidth use. With Scientific Atlanta's unique full-frame approach, the D9054 reduces bit-rate inefficiencies that limit traditional slice/tile-based encoding.
- DVR for the European Cable Market - Scientific Atlanta's Explorer® 8455DVBTM is the latest in DVR technology for the European market. It features MPEG-4/H.264 HD decoding, triple tuners, EuroDOCSIS 2.0, Ethernet ports and optional IP multiroom DVR.
- OCAP Platform - OCAP provides a platform for advanced applications and services for service providers. Scientific Atlanta has the knowledge and experience to deliver and support integrated OCAP packages and will feature several on display running on Scientific Atlanta set-tops.
- High-Speed Data, Voice and Wireless Gateways - Scientific Atlanta's comprehensive cable modem portfolio gives broadband operators the power to bring bundled services to customers for one-stop shopping.
- Wideband Channel-Bonding Technology - With components from Cisco and Scientific Atlanta, the new Wideband solution provides broadband operators with a flexible way to increase throughput for customers, with data rates in the hundreds of megabits and potentially gigabits per second.
Scientific Atlanta Speakers at 2007 CES
Ken Morse, Vice President of Client Architecture, Scientific Atlanta, A Cisco Company
Storage Visions at CES
Session: "Home Network Storage and Direct Attached Storage"
Location: The Flamingo Hotel, Las Vegas, Room F2
When: Sunday, January 7, 3:30 pm
Connections at CES
Session: "Consumer Electronics Meet Service Providers: Round 2"
Location: Las Vegas Convention Center, Rooms S106-107
When: Tuesday, January 9, Noon
Dave Davies, Vice President of Strategy and Product Marketing for Subscriber Networks, Scientific Atlanta, A Cisco Company
Digital Hollywood at CES
Session: "The Networked Entertainment Home - the PVR/DVR - the Set-Top & PC Entertainment Server"
Location: LVCC North Hall, Room N259
When: Tuesday, January 9, 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Issues & Attitudes at CES
Session: "The Complexity Crisis"
Location: The Venetian, Bellini 2003 Room
When: Wednesday, January 10, 10:30 am - 11:30 am
**Media and Industry Analyst Appointments: To request an at-show briefing with Scientific Atlanta executives attending the show January 8-11, please contact Sara Stutzenstein at email@example.com.
About Scientific Atlanta
Scientific Atlanta, a Cisco company, is a leading supplier of digital-content contribution and distribution systems, transmission networks for broadband access to the home, digital interactive set-tops and subscriber systems designed for video, high-speed Internet and voice-over-IP (VoIP) networks, and worldwide customer service and support. Scientific Atlanta, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc. More information about Scientific Atlanta is available at http://www.scientificatlanta.com.